Look x See x Watch: Qual a diferença

Hey guys. Estou com essa duvida , quando utilizar um. Quando utiliza o outro. !

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Observe os exemplos de uso, que neste caso é a melhor forma de se explicar as diferenças.

1. Look: olhar

a. Don't look at the cat. [Não olhe para o gato.]
b. Look at the board. [Olhe para o quadro.]
c. Look! [Olhe!]
d. What are you looking at?[O que você está olhando?]

2. See: ver

a. I see the house. [Eu vejo a casa.]
b. Do you see me?[Você me vê?]
c. I can't see the dog. [Eu não consigo ver o cachorro.]
d. Did you see the movie? [Você viu(assistiu) o filme?]

3. Watch: assistir

a. Let's watch the game. [Vamos assistir o jogo.]
b. Will you watch the movie? [Você vai assistir o filme?]
c. Can I watch the cartoon?[Eu posso assistir o desenho?]

Bons estudos!
Simon Vasconcelos 11 221
I'd like to know whether we use "see" or "watch" with films. I once read in a dictionary that there is a difference: "to watch sth" is used with TV programs and "to see sth" with shows, films and matches. Although, I watched Jornal Hoje last week and, during a report on the return of drive-in fashion in New York, one of the interviewees said "watch movies". Whom or what I shoud I trust?
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Rule of the thumb:
-----------------------------------------------
You "watch" something that you are intently seeing. You choose to watch it, a movie, a TV show etc. The Cambridge dictionary definition goes "to look at something for a period of time, especially something that is changing or moving."

---------------------------------------
You "see'' by just perceiving with the eyes, you just notice it.
Sometimes (talking in general) you can use it with the meaning of watching as in: "Did you see that documentary on Channel 4 last night?" So, context is everything here.

Cambridge here defines it as "to be conscious of what is around you by using your eyes."

----------------
Look, in general, the same as "see". But there are others slightly different senses, look it up here:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction ... k_1?q=look

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/search/british/?q=look
Juliana Rios 24 105 397
Simon, "watching a movie" sounds okay to me, and so does "watching a show". I wouldn't worry too much about word choice in this case, regardless of minor nuances that different combinations may carry. I suspect people would be more likely to say "see a movie" when referring to an actual movie theater than they would when referring to watching it on TV, for instance, and that "watching a show" is more common than "seeing a show". If ever in doubt, just follow your instincts and you should be fine. :lol:

P.S.: Disregard my last comment.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes, you watch a movie (if you talk about sitting in a chair or going to the theater) and "did you see the movie?" (here talking in a general way, there is an overlapping of meaning here). However, I believe no one would sue you if you used one or the other.
Seeing a show (a TV programme), with that sense of "watching" doen´t seems like common to me, but seeing a show (a public event where an artist performs) seems likely.
A bit of (educated) guess work here, I mean, from what I searched on the Web and Dictionaries.