LucasSouza: Diário de Bordo

I have already started writing this text, but I realized that there were a lot of "I", "I", "I" and I thought it could be horrible for you. I'm not the kind of person that likes to talk about himself all the time.
With the aim of sharing my experiences and improving my skills and yours (I hope), I decided to register here and create my first topic. And, as my first topic, a log of the life. hahaha :D
You know, sometimes we have no idea about the reason we've done a lot of things. So, you'll have the work to discover why I started learning English. I really tried to understand, but I can't figure out. kkkk
So, let's stop with this long introduction and start with what's important. haha

I was usually interested in English when I was younger. With games, songs and at school I had all the curiosity a kid is supposed to have. However, the nightmare of all the English Teachers, the school has explained me a lot of informations while I wasn't prepared to receive (you know... the student has no idea about 'simple present' and they want to explain 'Past Perfet').
It could be funny, but is the sad reality of English at school.
Ok, let's continue.
When I completed 15, my parents decided that I could take an English course. But they didn't hope I really would dedicate myself on it. So I started and made it worths.

Today I'm on advanced level and I am teaching English since April.
I'm an English teacher and programmer. I met English Experts a long time ago and I read it every day ! I always read all the articles and the forum, but just now I decided to register and create a topic.
This log is the way I found to share my experiences and keep studying with you.

I hope to dedicate myself a lot here to improve my skills with you and if it's possible, to help too.
So, if you want to see more about my life, my experiences with foreign people, my tips, the way I made my English better and so on... keep reading, I'll try to post here every week.

Please, make your comments, correct my mistakes, and let's help each other together. Thank you.

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I have already started writing this text, but I realized that there were a lot of "Is" (or "I"s, I am not sure) and I thought it could be horrible (awkward) for you. I'm not the kind of person that likes to talk about myself all the time.
With the aim of sharing my experiences and improving my skills and yours (I hope), I decided to register here and create my first topic. And, as my first topic, a log of the (I favour "my life" here.). hahaha :D

You know, sometimes we have no idea about the reason we've done a lot of things. So, you'll have to work to discover
(...sometimes we have no idea why we´ve done a lot of things, my choice of words. Others may disagree)

why I started learning English. I really tried to understand this, but I just couldn't figure out. LOL.
So, let's stop with this long introduction and start with what's important. haha

I was usually interested in English when I was younger. [It began] With games, songs and at school. I had all the curiosity a kid is supposed to have. However, the nightmare of all the English Teachers, the school has supplied me with a lot of informations while I wasn't prepared to receive (you know... the student has no idea about 'simple present' and they want to explain 'Past Perfect').
It could be funny, but is the sad reality of English at school. (at most schools, let´s no generalize)

Information is uncountable.

Ok, let's continue.
When I reached 15, my parents decided that I could take an English course. But they didn't hope I really would dedicate myself on it. So I started and made it worth(while).

Today I'm on advanced level and I am teaching English since April.
I'm an English teacher and programmer. I met English Experts a long time ago and I read it every day ! I always read all the articles and the forum, but just now I decided to register and create a topic.
This log is the way I found to share my experiences and keep studying along with you (all).
(with you seemed dangling here, to me I mean. With you in the following sentence sounds natural to me.)

I hope dedicate myself a lot here to improve my skills with you and if it's possible, to help too.
So, if you want to see more about my life, my experiences with foreign people, my tips, the way I made my English better and so on... keep reading, I'll try to post here every week.

Please, make your comments, correct my mistakes, and let's help each other together. Thank you.
(I prefferred to erase out "together", since "helping each other" implies that it´s a "together" action. My thinking again.)

==========================
Hope it helps, now I leave the fine tuning to others. I am just a learner as well, so prone to (do) mistakes as well.
Thanks a lot. You helped me to realize my mistakes.
But I have some questions about your correction. May you help me?
So, you'll have to work to discover
Was it wrong when I said "you'll have the work" ? I wanted to say that you will have the work to think about the idea.

...why I started learning English. I really tried to understand this, but I just couldn't figure out. LOL.
I used "can't" because I'm still trying to understand. hahaha

And third, can't I use "complete" when I am talking about years old?

Thanks a lot man, it helped me to realize my mistakes. It was good to remember "information" is uncountable. And I made a little mistake with the speeling of 'Perfect', I've reviewed so fast that I didn't realize.
I'll keep improving. :D
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Okay, I got that chunk of text and pasted here again, for a second inspection.

You know, sometimes we have no idea about the reason we've done a lot of things. So, you'll have the work to discover why I started learning English. I really tried to understand, but I can't figure out. kkkk

Yep, you have a point. At the first reading, I tought you had mixed the tenses - talking about past and present tenses in the same breath. I was lead to, by reading that "the reason we we´ve done a lot of things. So, you could/would..."

That is, I interpreted you were using ''you'' to talk about yourself, in a general way. As in: Sometimes you have that deja vu thing." that means "sometimes I have/one have/somebody have etc..."

Now, rereading it, I see that you were talking about different events at different times, so you were talking about ''us", you were throwing the ball at our court.

Well, my bad! I was mistaken, sorry!
------------------------------------------

And third, can't I use "complete" when I am talking about years old?
It´s not about right vs wrong here, just that sounds "funny" to me, I have not found that very often on the books I have read, or other readings or listening I had before.

A more natural way to say that would be "when I turned fifteen/when I a was fifteen (slightly difference, tough. When I turned doesn´t exclude sixteen plus some months)

At about (the age of) fifteen would be more to the point.

Again, not that you were wrong, but just to make it more "fluid" of sorts.

http://english.stackexchange.com/questi ... -years-old

Ah, last but not the least, it´s not advisable use kkk when talking to the American PC people, many would complaint of that, in the thinking you were talking about the bitter events of the American Civil War. That is, that you were talking about the "hooded order" or something. That´s why I replaced it with LOL.
Thank you very much guy, it's clear now. You helped me a lot.

So, this week I'll keep posting here about my experience.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Okay, you are welcome. As the saying goes, where there´s a will there´s a way, so willing to learn is the first important step, let´s go explore English. It is a very good companion and it helps us to keep our brains sharp, and we get ourselves informed, educated, it helps making friends, and having fun in the process.
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
Thanks a lot man. I always spent a lot of time here, now I'll keep exploring this blog.
It's good to know we have many people trying to help each other with learning. So, let's try to share knowledge as soon as possible.

Good night.