Música "sad but true" pronúncia diferente de true

Olá, tenho uma dúvida meio antiga nessa música do Metallica a palavra true é diferente a pronúncia do que eu estou acostumado, o link da música.
Pode ter sido pronunciado dessa forma por ser tratar de uma música?!

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
16 60 498
felipeskelter escreveu:Olá, tenho uma dúvida meio antiga nessa música do Metallica a palavra true é diferente a pronúncia do que eu estou acostumado, o link da música.
Pode ter sido pronunciado dessa forma por ser tratar de uma música?!
Like PPAULO said there are some answers for different ways we say some words.
Poetry is full of that.
Tribalistas did that too (you know Marisa Monte e Arnaldo Antunes) they were bitterly criticized because of
"Você é assiiiim, é tudo pra miiiim..."
However, I'd like to share something I've learned here at EE. I do love music. Actually, I started learning English because of music. But we have to be careful not to learn just from songs. They are full of Slang, expressions and commonly weird pronunciation.
Songs are very good because it is something we like, that is very nice. Although, you should always practice listening from Many different sources.
I think that's it.

:mrgreen:
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
Yes, it´s just for effect.

It´s as if someone the singer having a trademark of sorts, this guy may have used that also to go with the instruments, if you think of it he kinda makes it go with the guitar, or as if it was the guitar-like sound in the end of the singing.

Other singers use it purely for effect, if you see Kid Abelha (Paula Toller) singing at 1:50-52", you can see that the word "importanteee" wasn´t sang that way, perhaps the music was another thing altogheter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv82iaS ... _qAzeF37k5

And there are the singers that like to "toy" with their voice, like Elis Regina, Alcione etc...Making "experiments" in their singing, what let it all the more colourful and interesting. And even more difficult to emulate.

============
Be careful with music, it can be deceptive sometimes, they sometimes use a neologism that is unique of a certain era, of a certain group, etc...They may use not standard English, etc, it´s good, but with moderation.
6 49 1.3k
Here you can hear, (@ 4:39"min.) "rocken roll êê" in the same breath. And in other time Pitty sang "rocken roll ââ" (you know, in the end, looks like they use that not to lose the last supply of air available! :D