Next door - ao lado, do lado de: Como utilizar?

23 127 1.7k
Pessoal,

1. They live next door to the shop. [= Eles moram ao lado da loja.]
2. Her office is just next door. [= O escritório dela é ao lado.]
3. Who lives next door to you? [= Quem mora do lado da sua casa?]
4. It was starting to get late, so my husband went to sleep with my 1 year old boy in the room next door to us.

Bons estudos!

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 77
ernando escreveu:What about the expressions "Girl/Boy next door"? Does it mean only "vizinho" in English? I personally find those expressions very common, but I'm not always quite sure about their meaning.
Yes, "girl/boy/kid next door" can be your direct neighbor, but it also has a general meaning to say that a person looks average and ordinary, or that certain types of people may be closer to you than you imagine. For example:
  • Even though she's an international star, she looks like the girl next door.
  • The faces we picture as the homeless population are often old, not teenagers who could be the kid next door.
MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
What about the expressions "Girl/Boy next door"? Does it mean only "vizinho" in English? I personally find those expressions very common, but I'm not always quite sure about their meaning.

Thanks in advance.
3 13 98
Encontrei uma definição bem interessante para "the girl next door":
Every guy may have his specific girl-next-door prototype, but in general, she's the girl whom you always admired from afar and were afraid to approach, fearing that any erotic projection toward her would ruin her image as a decent, pure and almost virginal womanly ideal. Fonte: Urban Dictionary
A expressão no contexto acima é utilizada em vários filmes.
1 3
"The girl next door" significa a imagem de uma garota ordinária, amistosa, carinhosa. Insulto? Não é, a menos que ela é egoista.
Now I get it, thank you!