Nouns as adjectives and the use of "of".

Hi guys, here's my doubt about the ways to describe a noun, I think it's common for all of you, but I started wondering the differences between, for example;

I'd like to have an orange juice

I'd like to have a juice of orange

I know that the first one is way more usual than the second one, but my doubt is about the meaning, is there any difference in meaning between those?

Cheers!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 40635 6 32 709
Your question makes sense and "I'd like to have a juice of orange" wouldn´t be grammatically wrong.
Only that "a juice" in the second sentence could lead to ambiguity, because a juice can be the "liquid" from something, from a fruit, etc. So, the other person could just squeeze the orange and give hand it to you. Ha ha ha.

Well, he/she wouldn´t do that if there is money involved, if you are paying to somebody else for the juice, of course. Anyway, it would sound a bit strange.

It would sound as though you get into a bakery in Brazil and order "cinco pães franceses", it would be perfect in a gramatical sense but it would seem to others a bit "unconventional" on your part.

http://www.linguabrasil.com.br/mural-co ... 206&busca=

Anyway, no lawyer or cop would drag you to the nearest police station and charge you with attempt to murder the Portuguese language! :-)