Podcast: repetir muito ou não?

Marcelo Pias 640 1 2 14
Hey guys, I've been listening Podcast as much as possible in order to improve my English, but my question is: How many times should I listen the same podcast??
I've been listening to the ESLPodcast, very good by the way... But I don't know whether to listen repeatedly until I understand 100% or to listen once each, I usually understand about 80%...

Another question, why does everybody advice to listen to Podcast where you can understand at least 80% ?
Children don't use this method, they're exposed to the real English and they learn very well...

Thanks in advance!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça uma Aula GRÁTIS de inglês com um professor de nativo e avalie se você é capaz de se comunicar com um estrangeiro. Consulte condições.

Começar agora!
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data

PPAULO 56805 6 43 1014
Well, I think learning English doesn´t have to be dull or not fun.
Perhaps you are in need of a multi-sensory approach. Say, part podcasts, part going out more, part watching TV-movies-news and part reading/listening etc.

http://www.middleweb.com/9016/we-dont-n ... ng-styles/

================
No method is effective without taking in account the learner, you have to find which suits your pace and needs.
What you don´t need is something that makes you nod and snore!

fcalheiros 10
Hi Marcelo,

I usually listen a podcast several times during a week. However, I don't listen the same song repeatedly.

I have subscribed in four podcasts (ESL, BBC Six Minute, English We Speak and InglesOnline) then I listen each new audio of each podcaster a lot of times without repetition.

I am convinced according tips of inglesonline.com.br of Ana Luisa that listen listen and listen is the most powerfull way that I can develop my English.

In fact some classmates told me that I really improved my speaking skill. That happened since I've started to listen podcasts.

Best wishes.

brunosb 10
Hi Marcelo,

I usually listen the same podcast many times over the week and I don't understand it 100% but I understand about 90%. So think you should to repeat it because you will understand it so much better and improve your English faster.