Posso responder com "will" em uma pergunta feita com "going to"?

Oi, gente! Tudo bem? Sei que para muitos é uma pergunta um pouco boba, mas é que realmente estou com dúvida. No exemplo "Are you going to have meetings?" eu posso responder com "No, we won’t" ?

Para mim ambos são usados em contexto distintos não podendo misturar os dois, mas vi esse exemplo e agora já não tenho tanta certeza assim.

Desde já, muito obrigada.

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
1 resposta
Leonardo96 19 293
There are a few factors to be considered. If the question in which "going" is being used refers to heading somewhere, as in traveling, going home and so on, then it wouldn't sound very natural to me.

Are you going home?
Yes, I am.
No, I am not.

/\ This is how it would go pretty much all the time if the context is about going some place. I would be willing to bet that you could dig as deep as possible into the history of all English conversations and you wouldn't be able to find a single soul who ever replied such sentence using "will". "Are you going home? Yes, I will". This just does not sound right.

Now the context you presented us with:

"Are you going to have meetings?

This doesn't refer to going somewhere but an action, as in "are you going to do your homework?/are you going to watch tv,etc" in this case, yes, you could reply using "will", though it's still not that common.