Como dizer ''andar de canoa'' em inglês

Como falo "andar de canoa" em inglês"?

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
marceloluz 3 22
Hi Svetlova!

Well, I'm wonder if you're referring to what we know as "canoa" in Brazil, once I don't think there exist something similiar to that abroad. Anyway, I think you could use the verb "canoe", as in "I've been canoeing the whole day".

That's it!
Canoa = canoe
Eu andei de canoa em Inglês, como falamos?
marceloluz 3 22
Svetlova escreveu: 13 Out 2020, 19:41 Canoa = canoe
Isso!
marceloluz 3 22
Svetlova escreveu: 13 Out 2020, 19:42 Eu andei de canoa em Inglês, como falamos?
I canoed yesterday (Andei de canoa ontem)
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
Leonardo96 19 293
Svetlova escreveu: 13 Out 2020, 19:42 Eu andei de canoa em Inglês, como falamos?
"I went on a canoe ride" also works.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Hi there guys! Marcelo, there are similar means of transport abroad, a guy that took a canoe trip in the Yokun (Oliver Shallcrass) and then wrote a book about it. A 500-mile trip!
They have canoes wood canoes and those made of F/B (fiberglass) pure or chopper-gun sprayed into a mold (a bit heavier than the F/B made the other way).
Ref. hemlockcanoe

Granted, today canoes are used more in recreational ways than a means of transport to head a city to another. Anyway, the natives paddle to Vancouver Island - W.A. In canoes, at least for intertribal celebrations.

"canoe" the verb, etc, could be said of a person going solo or being the one to row the small boat. Anyway if there's a mounted motor in it, fat chances that you don't need to paddle it. A guide will take you around on/in a canoe to places.

From a city to another (in general ways) we could say that we "traveled by canoe" (from city or village A to city or village B). A river can be "crossed by canoe/on canoe".

That's all for the time being. ;-)
marceloluz 3 22
Great, PPaulo! Thanks for the additional information. To be honest, when I thought of canoes, it sprung in my mind those natives paddling their wooden boat through some tranquil loggon or river...LOL such a bad imaginary created by hollywood films!