Pra variar

Hello people, I hope this small list of expresions may help you, because some of them, I got in sitcoms and I think they are very useful!

For a change- Para variar
Drink fee- Consumação
For the time being- Por enquanto
For charity-s sake- Pelo amor de Deus
Cross-eyed- Estrábico, vesgo
And so forth- E assim por diante
Anything goes!- Vale tudo
Back of the hand- Palma da mao
Bad breath- Mau hálito
To see fit- Achar conveniente
To have a knack for- Levar jeito para
To compare notes- Trocar figurinhas, trocar opiniões sobre
To be like sheep- Maria vai com as outras
Off the top of my head- De cór e salteado, de cór
Not quite- Não é bem assim
In one go- De uma só vez
Honky tonk- Espelunca, cabaré
Give me five- Toca aqui ( Cumprimento )

These are some of the several expressions that I learned with sitcoms and movies!!!

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
maryziller 1 2
I have a question about "De cór e salteado, de cór."

What does it mean? Is it related to decorar = memorize, learn something by heart?

"Off the top of my head" means this is what I think without doing further research or without further reflection (further deep thinking, pondering). It is an immediate response to a problem, situation, or question, but tentative because the speaker is telling the listener that he has not fully condersidered all possibilies.

The technique free association in which the participant says the first thing that comes to mind when he hears a series of words is similar.