Pronúncia de "can take" e "can't take"

Como é que eu posso diferenciar a pronúncia do "can take" pro "can't take" tanto no listening como o speaking?
O mesmo serve pra "can tell" e "can't tell", "can talk" e "can't talk", and so on...

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Olá Rickforce,

Neste caso a entonação é o que vai te dizer as diferenças.

Boa sorte!
Bom dia!
assim que vi sua dúvida me recordei que eu também tinha esta dúvida e consegui resolvê-la estudando fonética e pronuncia. Vou tentar lhe explicar com mais clareza:
não é tarefa fácil distinguir estes dois, mas a prática nos leva à perfeição.
CAN é dito de maneira rápida e de forma quase não muito clara, fácil de se perceber ouvindo. Já o CAN'T é pronunciado de maneira curta, porém com um som mais claro, mais fácil de ser ouvido. Se você consultar um dicionário que tenha símbolos fonéticos, verá que há diferença, mas esta é pouca, pois o som da letra T é mudo.
Espero ter contribuído!
Abraços, Taísy Silva :D
maryziller 1 2
Jenniferesl has a very good video posted in youtube on precisely this topic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edxwQK1zBxw

The 't' is replaced by a glottal stop. The number 8 also has a glottal stop at the end.

Jenniferesl also reviews how to make the 't' sound.

You are going to love her clear and thorough explanations and demonstrations.
I can take is pronounced I cun take and you stress take, like this, IcanTAKE.

I can't take, you pronounce can't as KAN and you actually say the two words separately: Ican't take.

So, using Portuguese spelling to help:

I can do it: aikãnDUit.
I can understand: aikãnãnderSTAND.
I can take it: aikãnTEIKit.

I can't do it: aiKEN DUit.
I can't understand: aiKEN nãnderSTAND.
I can't take it: aiKEN TEIkit.

The American a in can't is pronounced by opening your mouth to say the a in salto, but saying the é in , instead. This sound does not exist in Portuguese, that's why it's funny to hear Brazilians keep saying "Bed Boy" instead of "Bad Boy".
In British English there is no possible confusion since they say can (kaen or kun) and the a in can't is pronounced as the a in car. Kahnt, but remember the British do not pronounce R before consonants, just between vowels. That's why they usually say Lawr and order instead of law and order, they don't know where some r's are anymore, they also say, "Sandrar is". This R that doesn't exist, but is pronounced is called Intrusive R, by the way.