Pronúncia: "Since you", "Once you", "As you"

Hi there!

I've been listening to english lately and I've noticed a thing. When americans say things like: "Since you", "Once you", "As you"; It seems to me that the sounds become: "sinTCHyou", "onTCHyou" and "aSHyou". Actually I can't say exactly what it sounds when it comes to "as you", but it's as if the "s" becomes a "sh" or something like that. This happens when they're speaking fast.

Am I wrong? Do they say it like that? If someone could explain this to me and maybe send me an audio file with the pronunciations I'd be really happy. I can understand when americans speak these words, but I just want to speak just like them.

Thank you so much!
.john...
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
I talked to an american in a international game that I play and he told me the following:

"It depends on your accent. I wouldn't say it like that but I think that people from Boston say it. If you want to sound well educated, don't say such a thing."

If someone knows something about it please share with us!
That's a great question. I was thinking about it a few days a go.
Well, Beyoncé says "I misshu" in her song, I miss you. And I've heard native speakers - at least from the US - pronouncing this way quite a lot.
I've never asked a native speaker about this, so John's contribution may be more reliable, although I believe it's a matter of accent, and not about sounding educated or not.
These kind of statements always make remember about a topic I enjoy a lot, which has changed me a lot, which is: linguistic prejudice.
Avatar do usuário Renato Baroli 1470 5 30
John, I've noticed the same thing before, but, at least to my ears, it sounds more like "SH" then "TCH"(in the cases of "since you" and "once you"), but I totally get what you're saying.
In the case of "as you" I'd say the "s" sounds like the "s" in the word "Asian".
Avatar do usuário Henry Cunha 9960 2 17 177
Não, eu não diria que essa pronúncia é comum de americano. É o seu "ouvido" português que ainda não discerne diferenças sútis do inglês oral -- sons e combinações de sons que não existem exatamente em português, então você faz a sua melhor aproximação -- mas não é "exatamente" o som que o americano está produzindo. Com o tempo, o seu ouvido "aprende" a distinguir, e com mais tempo, aprende a reproduzir fielmente o som.
eh normal o som de s quando encontra o som de y virar sh, o z quando encontra o y vira som de j (em portugues), t quando encontra y, pode virar tch, e d quando encontra y pode virar dj (j em ingles, tipo john). isso depende do sotaque da pessoa, na australia por exemplo tem muita gente que fala youtchube ao inves de youtube pq o som do T encontra com o som de Y (eles nao tem yod-dropping). nos eua youtube eh youtube pq eles nao pronunciam o som de y em youtube (tipo tube pode soar como tyub em alguns sotaques). Na wikipedia vc pode ver tudo de sotaques e tbm nesse site.

http://web.ku.edu/~idea/