Qual deve ser a posição da preposição?

"you're response for what you do" ou " you're response what you do for" ?
Qual o certo e em qual situação usar?

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
9 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Leonardo96 19 293
You're responsible for what you do
Leonardo96 escreveu: 26 Jan 2020, 20:50 You're responsible for what you do
Por que a segunda estaria incorreta? Aprendi que preposições nesse caso vão no final da frase
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Leonardo is right on this one.

Chances are that you are making an analogy with sentences like "you are not responsible for what you are not paid for." (the second "for" at the end is used because you "pay for" something (so "pay" and "for" often go together in a sentence).
Another example just for illustration´s sake: you are not responsible for what you don´t care for.
Leonardo96 19 293
PPAULO escreveu: 27 Jan 2020, 08:30 Leonardo is right on this one.

Chances are that you are making an analogy with sentences like "you are not responsible for what you are not paid for." (the second "for" at the end is used because you "pay for" something (so "pay" and "for" often go together in a sentence).
Another example just for illustration´s sake: you are not responsible for what you don´t care for.
I see what you mean but those sentences you said actually don't require a preposition at the end because you had already used one. "you are not responsible FOR what you are not paid FOR". I'm not very good explaining grammar sometimes and i'm having trouble coming up with a logical explanation as to why the other one is incorrect, "you're responsible what you do for" just sounds weird to me and that's how I know it is wrong. Perhaps someone with a deeper grasp of grammar will come along and help the guy out but that's not how I learned English nor do I think it's the optimal approach to do so, but I won't get into that now.
Leonardo96 19 293
Oops my bad those sentences you said are actually correct. I didn't pay much attention and ended up misunderstanding them. The two prepositions in the sentences have different meanings so in this case it's acceptable.it wouldn't be correct in a sentence like this for instance where the prepositions bring the same purpose to the sentence: The people for whom I provide for. It's either "the people I provide for" or "the people for whom I provide". Although the latter is quite formal and not a sentence structure that would often come up in casual conversations these days.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Don´t sweat the small stuff, and thanks for your ever-insightful answers. They always come in handy. ;-)
PPAULO escreveu: 27 Jan 2020, 14:16 Don´t sweat the small stuff, and thanks for your ever-insightful answers. They always come in handy. ;-)
Ainda não entendi. Quando a preposição pode ir antes de What (for what) e quando ela tem que vir no final da frase
Leonardo96 19 293
igorrnunes escreveu: 28 Jan 2020, 09:15 Ainda não entendi. Quando a preposição pode ir antes de What (for what) e quando ela tem que vir no final da frase
O "for" nessa frase nao vai no final porque nao tem o mesmo propósito que em frases que poderia ir pro final:

The things I care for = as coisas pelas quais me importo
That's what I asked him for = é isso que eu pedi pra ele
You are loved by people you do good things for = voce é amado pelas pessoas por quem voce faz coisas boas

Agora compara com essa frase:

"You're responsible for what you do = voce é responsavel pelo que faz." Percebeu o sentido diferente que a preposiçao tem na frase?

Mas de novo, nao sou muito bom explicando certas coisas. Talvez alguem com mais conhecimento em gramática pode te explicar melhor.
NeyF 3 24 206
"That is what you are paid for" é um modo informal de dizer "That is the thing for which you are paid".

Em resumo, usamos a preposição no final quando não queremos usar " for which, for whom, to which, to whom, with which, whith whom etc.

With whom are you talking? é o mesmo que Who are you talking with?

Let's talk about the accident for which you are responsible. é o mesmo que Let's talk about the accident you are responsible for.