Qual é a tradução de "Wonderwall" ?

Avatar do usuário Cinnamon 15265 14 41 345
Hi there!! Wonderwall is one of my favorite songs. This is a hit sang by Oasis, a British Band.
Some translations I saw are something like "maravilhosa" in Portuguese.
Is that correct?
Is this a slang?
Thank you for your patience!

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário Artful Dodger 4500 6 13 103
The meaning of Wonderwall can only be assumed, once it is a made-up word that cannot be found in any dictionary, proper or slang, outside of its reference to the song by Oasis. From the song, one might infer that it means someone or something you're infatuated with or enthralled by.

A quite poetic, yet likely incorrect, definition I found online reads as follows:
A barrier which separates the mundane from the Transcendent Reality. A true Wonderwall will always have a crack, or a slit or an opening which allows anyone a glimpse of what lies beyond the Wonderwall.

Retrieved from: http://pt.urbandictionary.com/define.ph ... id=4378573

Cheers!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39175 6 32 684
Agreed.

And this site translate "her" as his wonderwall (protetora), makes sense, because she "will be the one that will save him".

By the way, it fits the rhyming, since "after all" rhymes with "wonderwall", could be then a rhyming device used by the songwriter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderwall_(song)
According to Gallagher, "Wonderwall" describes "an imaginary friend who's gonna come and save you from yourself".[1]

Or then, it´s not so imaginary as it was cracked to be...

"Wonderwall" was written for Gallagher's then-girlfriend, Meg Mathews,[5] as Gallagher told NME in 1996: "It's about my girlfriend, Meg Matthews."[6] However, after Gallagher divorced Matthews in 2001,[7] he said the song was not about Matthews: "[the song was] about an imaginary friend who's gonna come and save you from yourself."[1]