Qual exame de certificação escolher? FCE ou outro?

Hello, everyone.
These days I started thinking about getting any english certificate.
Just because I want. I mean, I already have my job (federal government) and I don't use english on it.
So, IELTS and Toefl don't fit to me.
But, backing to the main subject, I'd like to get an english certificate.
My level is not high, so I thought in something near to FCE.
I am here to ask two things:
1 - What certificate do you suggest to me? (Why?);

2 - I'd like some suggestion about material (can be paid or free, but must be good enough to study at home).

For now, that's it.
Thanks.

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
These days I started thinking about getting an English Certificate, don´t matter which.
Just for intelectual challenge. I mean, I already have my job (Federal Government) and I don't use English on it.
So, IELTS and Toefl don't fit me.
But, coming back to the main subject [or coming back to the crux], I'd like to get an English certificate.
My level is not high, so I have been thinking about something close to FCE (or I am looking for something close to ...)
I am here to ask two things (or - "Then my questions are the following):
1 - What certificate do you suggest to me [or suggest me - wich has a slightly different sense]?
(and why?);

2 - I'd like some suggestion about study material (can be paid or for free, but must be good enough to study at home).

That´s it/that´s all, for now. [or - for the time being.]
Thanks.

=============
I do think FCE would suit your need, but then, I am no teacher or something. Let´s wait for the real Experts to chime in, or the native guys. You can also ask a teacher, or even some reliable friend that study at some good English course.
I´ll keep my eyes peeled for news and my fingers crossed for you.
Thanks.
I have chosen FCE.
But, regard to the material. Do you suggest any?
I saw some:
READY FOR FIRST CERTIFICATE FCE;
FCE GOLD PLUS;
PRACTICE TEST PLUS FCE
AND OTHERS.

The problem is that all of them are "old", I mean, 2008 or before.
I have read in somewhere in this forum they changed the way of the tests.
If I buy an "old" book, maybe I can make many mistakes, because I wouldn't be prepared as I should be.
So, I am looking for some suggestions of new books.
Do you know any?
Thanks.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I honestly am flat out at this time, and even if I had plenty of time, I think there are teachers and (certainly) plenty of fellow learners in the process of studying for it.
So, my incomplete answer goes as the following (borrowed from some friends here):

fce-2015-novo-formato-do-exame-t44961.html
certificacoes-em-ingles-t270-10.html#p176314

And others. I would give a stroll within some storebook and see the novelties as well.