Relative pronoun em "person who I know"

My grandma is the most stubborn person who I know.
Está correta essa frase? Esse who está certo? É necessário? Me parece um pouco estranho.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
4 35 574
Sim, está correto!

Tanto o pronome WHO quanto THAT são corretos nesta frase; entretanto eles poderão ser omitidos (muito comum) porque não são o SUJEITO. Note que nesta frase o pronome WHO está seguido imediatamente do sujeito I, este é um importante marcador para se saber quando os pronomes podem ou não ser omitidos.

Ex.: The manager (WHO/THAT) we met was very capable.
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
First of all, to describe a person we use "who".

Necessary is not the case, you should ask if it's optional. Because even leaving it out one would understand, there's a grammar topic about the topic of object and all that jazz, but I'll leave for others to go further.

Yes, it's optional, it can be left out if the author of the sentence wish. In this case, he/she didn't.
Optional means that it's okay its omission, but it's not wrong if you make use it.

Unnecessary, depends on what you mean. On the Thesaurus dictionary we have the meanings: optional/noncompulsory, but there are also - unneeded/needless/superfluous. Thus, I am with the first nuance/meaning.

Ref. grammar.yourdictionary
Ref. grammarbook
Ref. econtentpro
6 49 1.3k
Thank you RedSea, that´s what I was thinking about at the time of the writing of my answer.
4 35 574
Don't mention it, Mr. PPaulo!