Repetição da Preposição TO

Gostaria de saber qual o correto: "I want to buy a house, to have a dog, and to travel to Europe" ou "I want to buy a house, have a dog, and travel to Europe"?

O mesmo vale para os demais verbos? Por exemplo, é "I need to see you, and to kiss you" ou "I need to see you, and kiss you"?

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
19 293
Nao há necessidade de repetir a preposição mais vezes na frase. As opções "I want to buy a house, have a dog, and travel to Europe" e "I need to see you, and kiss you" são mais naturais e usadas por falantes nativos.
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
"I need to see and kiss you" would be an even shorter version. But ""I need to see you, and kiss you" can be used as well, of course.

Another sentence to illustrate it: "I want to meet and talk to you."

The other sentence could be "I want to buy a house, have a dog and travel to Europe." (we could pause almost comma-like at the preposition AND).
6 49 1.3k
By the way, the topic we are talking about is related to "parallel structures" (a sentence with similar parts of speech [termos da oração] and punctuation.

So we can use both "I want to buy a house, to have a dog, and to travel to Europe" OR "I want to buy a house, have a dog and travel to Europe" (because we are talking about the three things 'in the same train of thought'.)

Mary likes to hike, to swim, and to ride a bicycle.
OR
Mary likes to hike, swim, and ride a bicycle.

"to" before all the verbs in a sentence OR only before the first one., I prefer to put it only before the first one.
The example was taken from the site owl.purdue.