Revistas dos anos 60 (para aprender inglês)

Pessoal,
Se ler revistas e livros dos anos 60 em Inglês poderá ser prejudicial no aprendizado do ingles? Sao revistas e livros de conteúdo bíblico, mas contendo também artigos noticiosos da época e culturais.

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Autor
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
That's a question easy to do, but with a complicated answer.

Personally I wouldn't say it would do any harm to the English learning, provided that you learn contemporary English and strike a balance.

It seems easy to answer but we see that, in practice, some learners find it difficult to read words and expressions of old, and the proof of that is the several versions of the bible, of Shakespeare's works, and the list goes on and on.
I learned that they even made a new version of Machado de Assis works! I know people that don't like to read him at all, find it dull, etc. Perhaps a matter of style liking, but sometimes it's the language that gets in the way.
To a lettered person, there's no such thing as an insufferable book (exceptions to the rule apply, of course).
In fact, they say variety is the spice of life, the same applies to reading/learning, but then it's a case by case.
To somebody loaded with university studies or studying to sit the TOEFL and at the same time working, it wouldn't be advisable. To someone with more time in their hands, it would. It's up to the learner.
Redseahorse 4 35 574
Eu não diria que seja prejudicial, a menos que você foque apenas neste tipo de leitura (de épocas anteriores ou monotemática). Isto na verdade, não é indicado.
Se o seu propósito é melhorar seu conhecimento da língua Inglesa, eu recomendo fortemente que você varie a leitura e, dê preferência para temas e publicações contemporâneas.

* Tenha em mente que a linguagem é dinâmica, ela se altera. Palavras, expressões e gírias, são excluídas/se tornam obsoletas, são criadas, são incluídas, sofrem variações, etc.