Send us suggestions: What kind of questions interest you?

Flavia.lm 1 10 100
ROSANA PONTE escreveu:Questions about current events.
Hi Rosana. I posted questions about swine flu, Brazilian economy, and the World Cup. I don't think we should discuss about the coming elections here. Please feel free to suggest other current events. Suggestions are always welcome!
MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
crismuniz escreveu:I'd like to know a methodology to teach children from 02 to 10 years old. Also I'm interested to learn telling stories in English for children and teenagers. tks.
Hi Cris

Once this is a very specific question, I suggest you post it at the "Como aprender inglês" section. Teachers (and students) will help you better there.
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Flavia.Im escreveu:Once this is a very specific question, I suggest [...]
[tongue flapping wildly]Flavia, in all probability (and likelihood) you may have meant, "Since this is..." here, not "Once..." Portuguese, or so it seems to me, interfered with your grammatical line of thought. (Now and then, I'll myself "Portuguese" it when I should "English" it.)
[/tongue back in normal place]
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
thanks, Márcio!
Hi Alessandro and Flavia!
How about this.. :arrow:

What was the biggest "goof"of your life? (like a embarrassment situation)
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Hi Folks,

Which Team Stands The Best Chance Of Winning The 2010 World Cup?

Who's going to win the 2010 World Cup?

Good Luck!
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Donay, it was already asked here.
I think a good exercise would be to ask "If you had to move to another country which would you choose and explain why in detail."

By the way, I hope my posts are helping your students, when I go to Jundiai I try to always go to an Escola de Ingles that a friend of ours teaches at and spend an hour just talking to the students in english, they seem to really enjoy the opportunity to practice with an American.

Bill Slayman
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
w.slayman escreveu:I think a good exercise would be to ask "If you had to move to another country which would you choose and explain why in detail."

By the way, I hope my posts are helping your students, when I go to Jundiai I try to always go to an Escola de Ingles that a friend of ours teaches at and spend an hour just talking to the students in english, they seem to really enjoy the opportunity to practice with an American.

Bill Slayman
Thank you for your suggestion.
And, spending some time with students of English is surely a very nice idea! Hope you enjoy it.
With the disastrous BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexice being the major item on American news broadcasts, and Pertobras starting to drill off the Brasilian coast, I would like to suggest a current events topic, something like "Who is responsible for the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico?" or "Can Petrobras have an oil spill like the BP spill?", or "What do you think about the BP oil spill?", etc.

By the way I went to the beach today and the oil has arrived here in north western Florida, there are tar balls and patches all over, and the stench is overpowering. :cry: :evil: Moving to Paraty is looking better all the time. :D

Thanks for putting up with me.
What is your favorite park and why? Describe the park in detail and use as many adjectives as possible. An example could be:

There is a small neighborhood park about 100 meters from my apartment, it has a beautiful fountain, several palm trees for shade, swings for the children, clean and comfortable benches to sit on, a well trimmed grassy area, it is always clean, and the people who visit are always friendly and polite.
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
JacksonB 3
well, something really funny and that I like to hear is about:

People's manias , and by manias I mean those nonsense and silly habits you keep on doing.

Jackson
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
JacksonB escreveu:well, something really funny and that I like to hear is about:

People's manias , and by manias I mean those nonsense and silly habits you keep on doing.

Jackson
Jackson, your suggestion is good but to be honest I didn't feel comfortable in posting it. Mania is a false friend, already posted by me here in the forum.

I'd like the other forum members to suggest me what would be a better way to ask this question. tks in advance
What do you think about the vuvuzelas (buzzing horns) at the World Cup?
Hello!How are you goin? I was seeing this topic and i thought that this is a very funny way to learn English !

I think many people here like music, so why not ask: What bands will perform in Brazil this year ? It can be International or national. We will learn words that refer to tour, the use of prepositions in the divulgation of dates: On May 22, the days of week: on sunday, and many others details that are important to learning a language.
I have already lost many shows because i was not informed about. I believe that many people would like to have those informations too. It would be great know about the shows that we like and learn new words to increase our knowledge!
PS: For not to become a mess on the topics, you can separate the questions about the international shows from the national shows !
Another good question would be about careers. Which course do you want to do in the University? Or: Wich jobs do you think are the best to earn money in the work market? Nowadays there are many doubts about jobs!

Those were my suggestions...I forgot many others but my tips are here.

Please, if i wrote something wrong,someone can correct me!

Good evening!

bye
;
ailime 2
I guess it`s about the world issues like global warming, social issues( poverty, gap between the poor and the riches), the water shortage, green energy, cultural or ethinic clashes, etc.
What about talk about Soccer play Bruno from Flamengo?

How can a Celeb do so bad thing?

Well to me, A lot of money, many free time, drugs, mainly sensation of impunity...

That girl was arrested, druged, beaten up... during 3 days by 4 people or more while he did a party to become overcast this fact.

the girl was killed Finally after 3 days in front of Bruno and hired assassins.

Why to live without responsability? ( orgy, drugs, kill someone, beaten up...)
Alessandro escreveu:Please send us suggestions of questions to be pupblished in this section.

Thank you in advance!
About cook, recipess, trips and vancation.
Have you ever dreamed in english? tell us about it.

I was reading "Top 10 Tips for Learning English" by Alessandro and came across with:

"There is a story about a teacher who told his students “you know you’re making progress in english when you speak in english, think in english and dream in english”. One day a student came into the class very excited and said teacher… teacher. “Last night I dreamed in english”. The teacher said “That’s wonderful, what did you dream about?”. And the student said. “I don’t know it was in english”. hehehe".

A friend of mine said to me She'd already dreamed in english, at first I thought great, after that I asked my teachers and they said they've never dreamed in english, wow, it's weird, isn't it? so, I think it's interesting to know if someone has ever dreamed in english.

I hope it's productive :D
flavia,

How about this question?

What is the most memorable speech that you have ever heard or read, and tell us why it is so memorable.

The difference of view points from the Brazilians and Americans might be very interesting.

See: http://famousquotes.me.uk/speeches/ for some examples of famous speeches.
"What would you use the money for if you won a US$10,000,000.00 lottery prize." or
"How would winning a US$10,000,000.00 lottery prize change your life."

Suggestions,

I would help the poor people, by ...
I would buy a big house and expensive car, then ...

I would quit work and be lazy, just go to parties ...
I would not be changed much, because ...
What do you like most about the Questions and Answers in English forum?
Please explain in detail.

Suggestions:
I like to read the posts of other people to try and learn from what they say.
I like to have other members offer suggestions on how to improve my English when I make posts.
I like learning new phrases and words, by looking them up in the dictionary.
All questions related to sports, music, food, work, family, travel and cultures of other races are important themes for personal and professional growth, especially when it is English.
I would like to see more topics talking about Poetry.. Have you ever written Poetry in English?

I did. It's a good exercise (of literature)

:)
Hi, folks!

The question that interest me the most is about technology and issues about the collegue I study... When the subject of a chat among my friend about those, I easily set me on that chat...

Bye
ailime 2
Hi,
From debatewise:

In any large city people are concerned about beggars. They certainly look disadvantaged and on cold nights our hearts go out to anyone sleeping rough. But are they really so hard up? Are they playing on our sympathy? Does all the money we give them go on drugs? Should we be giving our change to beggars?

SHOULD WE GIVE MONEY TO BEGGARS?
If I may suggest you a question, here it goes:

What if you knew you're gonna die 10 days hence?

I know it sounds a bit scary, but I'd like to know what people think about their own death. :mrgreen:
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
RasteiraDoSolFirme escreveu:I would like to see more topics talking about Poetry.. Have you ever written Poetry in English?:)
Here goes a limerick by way of suggestion.

On the EE we all have a will
To help inquirers without a chill!
So many questions they ask
So many replies they get
So many dreams we will fulfil!
Describe your ideal soul mate, using complex sentences.

My ideal soul mate will be kind, generous, loving, blonde, blue eyed, beautiful with a very good figure, and she would have lots of money.

My dream soul mate would be tall, dark, handsome, dress with impecable taste, be a gentleman in every sense of the word and he would love only me, with all his heart.
Do you prefer to learn American or British English? Why?

Some suggestions.

I prefer to learn American English, because someday I hope to visit America, especially Disney World in Orlando, Florida.

I like American English better, because I work in the tourist industry and most of our clients are from America.

I prefer to learn British English, because once a year I visit my cousin who lives in London, England.