Significado de ''It's got a hold''

Hi, guys!
There's a song by Tom Walker called "Leave a light on".
In the first part of the song, it says:

"The second someone mentioned you were all alone
I could feel the trouble coursing through your veins
Now I know, it’s got a hold"

However, I just can't understand to what the "it’s got a hold" refers to, or how it could be replaced.
I love the song and I would be relieved to finally get this clear.
Thanks in advance.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
1 resposta
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
I could feel the trouble coursing through your veins. Now I know, it’s got a hold"

Eu podia sentir o problema percorrendo as suas veias. Agora eu sei, (o problema) já tinha tomado conta.
Eu podia sentir o problema percorrendo as suas veias. Agora eu sei, (ele - o problema ) já tinha dominava/sufocava.

It´s would be short for "it has" there.

'It' (the trouble) has got a hold (o problema tem dominado/...tem domínio sobre...) means that "it" has gotten into him/her, it got hold of the situation - sort of.
In fights they use "got hold" of my arm/of me, meaning pegar (arm) or dominar/pegar (me), all involuntary (on your side of things).
We can think of a Jiu Jitsu as being the trouble and getting hold on someone in that lyrics. Except that we are thinking in terms of emotional/psychological situation.

Get a hold on - definition as per Dictionary.
To begin to control one's reactions or emotions after not having done so previously.
Source: The Free Dictionary (online).