Significado de "Just so you know"

Hey folks !

Does anybody know what is the meaning of the expression "Just so you know " ?
Here is a video from a serie call Everybody Loves Raymond. Raymond and Debora are discussing about the Tissues that Raymond has just bought. I think Tissue is a kind of paper that you use to blow your nose.

I think, just so you know means - "Só para você saber", em um tom bravo e agressivo.
What do you think guys ?

Here is the subtitles:

Debra:
- Fine. We`ll keep the damn tissue

Raymond:
- Don`t call them "damn tissues". There are gonna be our tissues and we`re gonna display them proudly. There are gonna be the official tissues of the house !

Debra:
- Okay, that`s great. Whatever you say, honey.
Listen, I gotta go pick up the kids in a few minutes.
And we`re supposed to eat dinner at your parent`s tonight, if they`ll have us over after your
Little "freak-out" .

Raymond:
- No, no. I`m not eating with those downers! I`ll make my own food right here. And I`ll decide to eat
Whatever the hell I want, all right ? Just so you know !
I happen to be a very good cook.

There are a lot of nice word and phrasal verbs, like:

pick up the kids
Damn Tissues.

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Rafael,

A expressão "just so you know" me lembra bastante "para que você fique sabendo", "e para o seu governo"," e só para você ter uma idéia".

Bons estudos!
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Just an addition to dona's post.

pick up the kids = take the kids into one's car and probably drive them home

tissue = a usually very thin, almost transparent paper used for wrapping delicate articles, covering illustrations in books, copying letters, etc.

In all likelihood, by "There are gonna..." Raymond may have meant, "They're gonna..." So Raymond, as my ESL self sees it, inadvertently used a homophone unless otherwise specified elsewhere in the context. "There for They're."
Thomas 7 62 296
Tissue is very thin paper (although it can also refer to flesh). One kind of tissue is often used to fill the empty spaces of a box or bag containing a present or something else of value. It doesn't seem to have any purpose other than to make the item look more attractive. Sometimes the box a pair of shoes comes in with have tissue? It is strictly ornamental. Many times a new shirt will come with tissue. It is strictly for appearance. Another kind of tissue is softer and not transparent. This is the kind seen in the video. It is used as "Kleenex" to blow your nose in, remove make-up, serve as toilet paper, etc.

"Just so you know" is an explanation for why unsolicited information was given. Often it is said with cynicism. I like Raymond and Debra, but they can be cruel and harsh to one another. Many of the comedies we see on TV are a bit cruel.
Daniel.S 1 2 11
Para o seu governo, para que você fique sabendo...

Good luck out there!
Alguém poderia me dizer se existe diferença entre " Just so you know e I'll have you know " ?
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
Gabi 1 1 19
Oi Marcio,

O que você quer dizer por "I'll have you know"? Assim, de primeira, eu diria que ela não significa nada mas talvez com contexto dê para entendê-la.