Singing Baby

Daniel.S 1 2 11
Hi there!

Have you ever seen a singing baby before? yeah I'm sure you have..but not like this one below..

think anyone could tell me what 'flex the golden pipes' means? ( 0:16)
I think it might be an idiom 'cause I've just googled it and found some examples. However, no definitions were found.

Anyone? Please?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCs8gIM ... re=channel[/youtube]

Take care,

Daniel

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
maryziller 1 2
pondedaniel escreveu:Hi there!

Have you ever seen a singing baby before? yeah I'm sure you have..but not like this one below..

think anyone could tell me what 'flex the golden pipes' means? ( 0:16)
I think it might be an idiom 'cause I've just googled it and found some examples. However, no definitions were found.

Anyone? Please?

Take care,

Daniel
As of today there were Resultados 1 - 10 de aproximadamente 44 para "flex the golden pipes" idiom (0,39 segundos), so it seems to be a new idiom.These are my thoughts on the phrase:

When I watched the commercial, I understood it to mean "sing." The pipes may be a reference to organ pipes, which historically have been important in music (Johann Sebastian Bach and others). "Golden" pipes would be a reference to the singer's high estimation of his singing. (He thinks he is a good singer, he thinks his voice is golden).
Hi Daniel,

I searche about the: "flex to golden pipes" means play any wind instrument or scream, whistle.

I hope to be help you.
Ester