Sobre formação do passado em inglês

Discussões sobre Verbs, Nouns, Adjectives, Prepositions, Present Perfect, Simple Past etc.
Avatar do usuário José Adailton Abre 10
Hello everyone!

My name is Adailton Abreu and I'm a business administration student at University of Pernambuco and my doubt is: Why do I need to use the verb has to form the past in English, mainly in this sentence?

ILOVEBRITONS has sent you a message on InterPals.

Why do use has before sent?

Other thing: in the same e-mail, It has the same sentence without the verb has. Look:

Hi Jose!

ILOVEBRITONS sent you a new message on InterPals. To read and reply, click here.

Please, this text is it correct?

Thank you a lot!

Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Clique aqui para iniciar!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 32065 4 30 564
Good question!
To talk about a past event that is recent you can use HAS, it focus on the recent past.

Let´s now anticipate your next likely question:
Why would "a message has sent..." be in a different sense of "a message was sent..." ?

Which would lead us to "ILOVEBRITONS sent you a new message on InterPals." (it could be possible such a thing, it would be grammatically correct, I mean.)

In "a message has sent..." it takes into account that the e-mail program is so quick that it sent you the e-mail and then it notifies that "it has just sent..." (of course, it´s programmed to do so, it doesn´t study grammar on the English Experts). ;-)

https://english.stackexchange.com/quest ... s-has-been