Sons e o verbo Go (goes) "the cat goes meow": Como funciona

Eu vi hoje em um vídeo dos cantores Ylvis, chamado the fox (inclusive se vocês não viram eu recomendo, é muito divertido) e no início do vídeo o cara diz uma monte de nomes de animais seguidos da palavra goes e depois o nome dos sons que esses animais fazem, exemplo: Duck goes quack. A minha dúvida é quanto ao sentido da palavra goes aqui, ele significa nesse caso "vai"? Se sim não ficaria meio estranho?
Desde já muito obrigado! Ah e vejam o vídeo é muito bom hehehehehe.

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário PPAULO 36510 4 32 643
8. to make a noise as specified: the gun went bang

fazer (um barulho/som específico) determinado/caracterizado/descrito pelo falante.

Assim, o gato faz miau, o pato faz quá quá etc...
1. walk, run, travel, advance.

1. stay.
2 [goh] Show IPA
a Japanese game for two persons, played on a board having 361 intersections on which black and white stones or counters are alternately placed, the object being to block off and capture the opponent's stones and control the larger part of the board.
Also called I-go.

1885–90; < Japanese < Middle Chinese, equivalent to Chinese gí name for various board games Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2013.
Cite This Source
Link To goes
World English Dictionary
go 1 (ɡəʊ)

— vb (foll by by or under ) (takes an infinitive without to ) , goes , going , went , gone
1. to move or proceed, esp to or from a point or in a certain direction: to go to London ; to go home
2. ( tr; takes an infinitive, often with to omitted or replaced by and ) to proceed towards a particular person or place with some specified intention or purpose: I must go and get that book
3. to depart: we'll have to go at eleven
4. to start, as in a race: often used in commands
5. to make regular journeys: this train service goes to the east coast
6. to operate or function effectively: the radio won't go
7. ( copula ) to become: his face went red with embarrassment
8. to make a noise as specified: the gun went bang
9. to enter into a specified state or condition: to go into hysterics ; to go into action
10. to be or continue to be in a specified state or condition: to go in rags ; to go in poverty
11. to lead, extend, or afford access: this route goes to the north
12. to proceed towards an activity: to go to supper ; to go to sleep
13. ( tr; takes an infinitive ) to serve or contribute: this letter goes to prove my point
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
E se eu usar "does" no lugar de "goes", terá o mesmo sentido?
Not really, at least to my thinking.

Firstly, DO is to "activities", wich is something you do by your own volution.
Do is used also in some "fixed expressions" e.g. do well (estar bem de vida, se dar bem em algo -numa prova etc)

You won´t see the "cat did meow", not in a usual way.
Notice the "general activities" here.

I must say, great question of yours. You are a sharp knife on the drawer. ;)
Ah, I was going to forget...

You can use DO when you are referring to it the second time, as in:
The sheep went baa (she bleated) when she saw me bringing the bale of hay. She does it everytime she spots me with hay.
To avoid repeating verbs you can use DOES/DO/DID.