Sotaque em nomes próprios do inglês

Hello folks!

So, do we say using accent in personal names, like Leandro or Rio de Janeiro, or can I pronounce these words like native speakers?

Thanks!

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
As a native speaker of Brazilian Portuguese, I would pronounce genuinely Brazilian proper names as other native speakers of Brazilian Portuguese do. None of that Rrrreeeoo day Janayroo pronunciation bit or Sown Paooloo pronunciation bit often heard from foreigners.

On the English. I have, however, incorrectly pronounced Windham as /wind-ham/ and Notham as /not-ham/ as two syllables. My former American girlfriend taught me /windam/ and /notam/ as one syllable, the /a/ having the sound that the inverted /e/ has. (I cannot seem to symbolize it here using Linux).
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
"Rrrreeeoo day Janayroo"
"Sown Paooloo"

loved it! ;)

Acho o maior barato qdo ligam querendo falar com a "Fleivia".
So do you consider that the correct is to speak like native speakers? Or there is no correct or incorrect, you just say the way you want?
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Suggestion. Pronounce Brazilian geographical names the way you've always pronounced them in Portuguese. Foreigners will certainly enjoy learning they way you do it in Brazln Port.
Ravenna 3
Pior o meu nome... Ravenna, pensam que é "Raven" :? weirdo
Oh my goth! Allan Poe deve estar com inveja da minha "goticidade"!