Speaking English for 30 seconds a day

Hello friends, my name is Oswaldo I'm new to learning English, I was very happy to know the forum. thank you
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
Nildotex escreveu:Today I woke up at 8 a.m.
Perfect.
I went to the bank with my wife to get money for pay our counts.
...money to pay our bills.
as contas = the bills, and the right preposition is "to".
Then I went to the center city
...Then I went to the city center
...Then I went to the center of the city
...Then I went downtown
to buy medicine a dvd and to get my guitar.
Not wrong, but separate the nouns with commas and spell DVD with capital letters... and medication is a more common word than medicine.
For my surprise the store was closed.
Preposition: To my surprise...
I returned at my house without my guitar.
Preposition again: ...to my house. :)
Hello my friends, this my first text
Perfect.
I'm beginning my studyies in english
studies... most words that end in -y have a plural form that ends in -ies.
English (as all languages, nationalities and countries) is spelled with a capital letter.
please help me with corrections and a correct form to write!!!!
Not bad! :)

Fellow musician eh? Nice one... at some point we have to form an English Experts band (I play the piano and keys).

Cheers,

~ Frank Florida ~
Hello Guys!!!
Today I woke up at 9 a.m.
I took a shower, brushed my teeth and I had my breakfast. Then I went to take my wife to her mother's house.
They went to the supermarket to buy some food.
I returned to home to take care of my daughter.
See you later!!!!!!
Hi guys,
I'm loving this experience that give me the possibility of to write and speak in English. this way i can to practice more and more.
Thanks for your help again.
This week is the last week of my vacation. Next friday I'll go back to work, can believe, on friday.
But no problem because I miss of my job. I'm on vacation since 21 of December. I stayed with my family and we made a short trip to the beach.
My baby loves a beach or swim and it's more important for me.
Every day I improve my skill about English and I'm getting better.
The tips are usefull for me, day by day I'll do things of diferent ways.
Thanks a lot.
Telma Regina 9 65 608
Essa é uma sugestão de correção é para o post de jauuun na página anterior.

Hello everybody,
My name is João Paulo, 21, I'm a university student and I'm studying english about 3 months ago every day

A ação de estudar Inglês começou no passado e continua no presente, portanto deve ser usado o presente perfeito contínuo (have been studying).
O presente contínuo (I'm studying) é usado para ações que estão acontecendo no momento presente.
Lembre-se sempre que línguas estrangeiras devem sempre serem escritas com letras maiúsculas em Inglês. Ex: English, Portuguese, French, Japanese, etc.

My name is João Paulo. I'm 21 years old. I'm a university student and I have been studying English everyday for about three months.
I get up at 5 o'clock so I go to bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth,

I get up at 5 am, go to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.
at 5:30am I go to bus station where I take the bus to my work
Procure iniciar a sentença com o sujeito da ação:
I go to the bus station at 5:30am to take the bus to work.
my work is in front of the university then after that i work i go to university
I finish work then I go to the University which is just across the street.
at 10:30pm i take other bus to my house. It's a very hard life, but "no pain no gain"
I take the bus back to my house at 10:30 pm. It's a very hard life but "no pain, no gain'.
Talking about my favorite hobby:

One of my favorite hobby is workout. A started practice more or less one last year. I sarted doing it because i was very thin and need of something for relax. I workout from monday to friday overnight and i sepend one hours for day working out.

I need to repair the microphone :lol:
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
Hello everyone, I am new to learning English.
Already left a text here and had no comment about my pronunciation.
Could someone comment on my pronunciation and see where I am going wrong.
Thanks
Hi Guys, how is it going?

Well, today will be difficult to study because I'm not right seeing, for yesterday I used an eye drops for I made the eye exame and so far I'm with ligth sensibility :cry:. But think that I will be better tomorrow.

See you tomorrow.
Hi Guys, how are you?

I am fine, but I still half blind :lol: . Well, today I was wake up by the ringtone telephone at 7 am and can say that isn't nothing good. But yesterday I started looking any Podcast for test this study method and I wait get successful with the method.

Me wish good luck.
Hello everyone! How are you?

Today, I want to ask a question. Why nobody post in this topic? I think a ideia wonderful, but discourages this little movie that see here. Come on guys, let's go learn english! ;)

Have a nice week a everybody.
Hi guys.

I gone back to work this week, I need to adapt again because I stayed almost 40 days in my house, only resting.
Now I will take off my career with work hard.
But I will continue writting here always that possible.
Here in my work i can't to record a text but in my house I'll record.

Thanks
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Hello folks!

Today i woke up at 8 o'clock. I remember that i'd took a shower and went to work. At midday i went back to my house and ate a delicious food. Then, i went to the work again and stayed there until 6 o'clock. I picked up my car and went back to home. Now i'm here writting this essay about my day. I'm figuring if i make any mistakes, and i'd like to receive a feedback of you guys, about my pronunciation and grammar.

Regards!
Alessandro 3 13 98
Hi vinidnts,

In general you are doing great, but you mispronounced some works like: took (/tʊk/). My piece of advice is, try to speak correctly, not fast.

Try to improve the intonation. Take a look at this: Entonação no inglês: Falling, Rising e Non-final entonation

I hope that helps!
Hello, folks! How have you all been doing? This is my last week on vacation, so I tought it would de nice to record something to see if I can create that habit and keep it up when my classes start! These last days have been kind of rushed, since I have to enjoy these days of leisure while I can. I've been reading some books in Spanish, in order to practise my reading and earning new vocabulary. I've also been going out with my friends that aren't from college, since maybe I won't be seeing them again very soon. And, of course, sleeping a lot!
Hey everyone!
My name is Guilherme, I am 16 and I'm from Curitiba. First of all I'd like to congratule you for accomplishing this new project, I am sure it's gonna help a lot of people. So, today I was supposed to go to a kind of parade here in my city called Zombie Walk. It consists of a bunch of people dressed in zombies characters and they start walking along a very famous avenue trying to scare each other. That's very funny. The problem is that, unfortunately, it was raining as dawn broke and I'm sure not even 20% of the people are going there. So, I think I'll stay at home all day long and watch some great movie with my family and rest this Carnival holiday.
Hey everyone.
I arrived in this topic by listening to the podcast about learning english start point, I listened to it today.
I also found out two good channels in Youtube to help me in listening and grammar, I'll type the links below.
Well, I don't know if this brief will take 30 seconds of recording, for now it's all :)
Thanks

01- https://www.youtube.com/user/englishwit ... ture=watch

02- https://www.youtube.com/user/3rdfFloorV ... ture=watch
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Hi guys! What's up?

I am fine. I am studying enough this week since it I want to try on it my study plan to find out failures it. Well, unfortunately, this it is my last vacation week :cry: , Monday will restart all again. I wait don't to let the English of beside.

Wish me luck.

See you later.
Hi guys!!

I've been absent some days, but I'm here again and my plan is to carry on my texts. However the recordings will less, due I can't record in my job.
Recently I found out a course in a church near my house.
Later I'll go there, to get some information about english course with americans teacher. If I make class of conversation, I'll pronounce better, so the development of my skill will be better too.
I've been working a lot, this semester I'll study hard to get my goals.

Thanks.
This week, I studied enough. I learned any words use in birthday party like “noisemakers” and “goodies bags”, by the way, I realized that I remember few things of my children’s parties, it’s a shame, but what can I do? I am getting old. Well, I also learned any expressions like “try it on”, “spoilsport” and “never mind” (this I will go to use enough). Well let me see what more I did… Ah! I also translated a song and a reporter.

This is all.

Obs.: How is my pronunciation?

--

Está semana, eu estudei bastante. Aprendi algumas palavras usadas em festas de aniversário e acabei percebendo que eu lembro-me pouco das minhas festas de criança. Também aprendi algumas expressões do dia a dia americano além de ter traduzido uma musica e uma reportagem.

Obs.: Como está minha pronúncia?
Olá Lucas,
This week, I studied enough.
Suggestions:
This week, I studied a fair bit.
This week, I studied a lot.

The word "enough" actually means "suficiente"... depending on your point of view, that could be very little, actually. ;)
I learned any words use in birthday party
I learned a few words
I learned a couple of words
I learned a bunch of words
I learned some words (actually less common)

algumas = a few, some
In the context of a question or a negative sentence, you can use any.

I didn't learn any new words this week.
Did you learn any new words this week?

Also, usadas = used... just like in Portuguese, you can't use the infinitive. Olha:

"Aprendi algumas palavras usar em festas..."

Fica estranho, né?
Well, I also learned any expressions like “try it on”, “spoilsport” and “never mind”
See above... use "some", not "any".
(this I will go to use enough).
This sounds a bit odd in English... Suggestions:

"I'll probably use that one a lot."
Well let me see what more I did…
"what else", not "what more".
Ah! I also translated a song and a reporter.
reporter = repórter, jornalista
report = reportagem, relatório
Obs.: How is my pronunciation?
It's pretty good man. Just a couple of tweaks:

- You make the typical Brazilian mistake of adding a vowel at the end of words where there is none... I think this is THE most common mistake in Brazil. For example, you say "weeky" instead of "week".
- You pronounce the "e" in the past tense suffix "-ed", when it's actually mute. For example in the word "learned"... click on this link:

http://translate.google.com/?source=osd ... n/aprendeu

And then click on the little loud speaker symbol:

http://i.imgur.com/YYQL0de.png

I would say you're well on your way man... Keep it up, keep going! ;)

~ Frank Florida ~
Hello everybody. My name is Lucas, I'm 21 and I live in Uberlândia, Minas Gerais. I'd like to talk a little about myself. I'm an electrical engineering student, I live with my brother, my mother and my father. I like to spend time studying English and other things like electronics, circuits and technology.
The first in my life is Jesus, my God. I always need to speak with Him because without the presence of God no one survives in this world, and even though I'm a sinner, Jesus loves me.
Well, I hope to improve my English skills here, because the only way to learning English is to speak all the time, isn't it?

So, I wish you all luck in your studies.

Bye bye.
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Hello everybody, I’m new here, I’m seventeen years old and my name is Mikaell.
I live in Nova Glória, a little town of Goias and I finished the school last year.
This year I started the college, but I gave up, because my dream is study civil engineering,
and I was studying Law and it didn't made me happy, so I will start study engineering in August.
I’m taking an English course at Fisk, and I’m on the intermediate level.
I never travel abroad, but someday I will, because is my dream since I’m eight.
The countries that I’d like to go are Japan, England, USA, France and Canada.
I’m thinking about try to study in one of this countries by the “Ciências sem Fronteiras” who is a government program to Brazilians studying abroad, and this an amazing oportunity because it's free.
Well, now I don’t have anything more to share with you. So thank you and sorry, my voice is awful because I'm getting cold. Good bye everyone.
Hello everyone,
How is it going?
My name is Felipe, I'm 25 and live in Belo Horizonte.
I have been using this forum for a few months to improve my english.
I recently change my goals to improve my listening and speaking skills.
I'd like to thank you in foward for the helping in correct my mistakes here on my pronunciation and on my text.
Well, that's all for today.
Bye
Hello everyone,

My name is Rafael, I'm 25 years old. In present moment I live in Brasilia. I 'm teacher of Philosophy, Sociology and writer. I like to read and to write. This is first time that I entered in this forum.

Bye!
Hello, everyone, I m back

I’m impressed as the internet help us to learn some things. For example, this forum help us with learning of English. I remembered that I already suffered trying to learn English by grammar only; of course, it is a mistake, but divers tools as internet, can help us much with the practice.
Sorry my pronunciation, I believe that, as everybody, I’m here for to learn and to practice.
Hello, guys!
My name is Humberto and I'm hearing.
I'm new here in the forum and it is the first time later of much time what I don't speak English in the conversation.
So, I'm twenty (20) years old and I live in Rio de Janeiro. I'm student college studying Computation Engineering, first period.
Don't mind my speaking and pronunciation, I'm learning.
Thanks for all and good luck!
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Peter,

How are you? I hope that you're fine. I'm ok.
I'm writing to you because I miss you and, also, I wanna show you my progress in my english class. My teacher is Valquíria and she's very good; smart and funny. Jeferson, my friend (Do you remember him?) study english too and this is very good, because now I have somebody to pratice.
When you come to Brasil to visit me? Don't forget that you promised this to me, ok?!
I'll wait for your letter, please write to me soon.

Miss you, Matheus
Dan. M. 1
Hi all English experts' learners, frankly, I've thought this post very challenging and at the same time thought-provoking for me, because as self-taught in English I think the most hard learning area in English is definitively the SPEAKING, that is to say, the way how you have to formulate your thoughts in English in order to build up a consistent discourse and text for others. Oh, my God, how hard is it, at times!!! So, I am going talk about a little bit of my future goals in English learning. So, I intend to evolve my speaking's area substantially from now on, because I'm not so good in it, and keep developing the VOCABULARY and READING ( which I love to practise). I am in conflict with the three pilars of English learning: reading, speaking and listening. I want to devote myself so much at the same time to them, but in the end I end getting frustrated up by don't get to go ahead simutaneously in these three elements of a good learning. In fact, I spend much time in listening - mostly because I like to listen english musics with your lyrics- and reading - oh, i love to read out the newspapers on the web- because of there are so precious knowledge written in the English language . But I'm trying to reverse this way how I'm practising the"pilars of English". So, I want so much to put in practice my poor speaking, THAT'S IT!! Finally, I hope you enjoy my voice comment here and if appropiate, send me any suggestions of speaking (mainly)and reading. Cheers!!!
Good afternoon. I will read a text for you.

The Last time I hurt myself I was at home when I was washing my motorcycle. I cut my finger, because I was in a haste. Then I washed my hand with water and soap. That day there was nobody home, I was by myself.
Hi guys!
I hope you like my audio...I didn`t have a script to follow so I`m sorry about my hummm...hmmm...hmmm all the time!