Speaking English for 30 seconds a day

Avatar do usuário Bill Sikes 790 1 1 18
Minha contribuição ao tópico! Li um poema da Sylvia Plath. Pena que não deu pra ler todo ele, mas pelo menos uns 80%, de acordo com o limite do áudio.

The Applicant

First, are you our sort of a person?
Do you wear
A glass eye, false teeth or a crutch,
A brace or a hook,
Rubber breasts or a rubber crotch,

Stitches to show something's missing? No, no? Then
How can we give you a thing?
Stop crying.
Open your hand.
Empty? Empty. Here is a hand

To fill it and willing
To bring teacups and roll away headaches
And do whatever you tell it.
Will you marry it?
It is guaranteed

To thumb shut your eyes at the end
And dissolve of sorrow.
We make new stock from the salt.
I notice you are stark naked
How about this suit -

Black and stiff, but not a bad fit.
Will you marry it?
It is waterproof, shatterproof, proof
Against fire and bombs through the roof.
Believe me, they'll bury you in it.

Now your head, excuse me, is empty.
I have the ticket for that.
Come here, sweetie, out of the closet.
Well, what do you think of that?
Naked as paper to start

But in twenty-five years she'll be silver,
In fifty, gold.
A living doll, everywhere you look.
It can sew, it can cook,
It can talk, talk, talk.

It works, there is nothing wrong with it.
You have a hole, it's a poultice.
You have an eye, it's an image.
My boy, it's your last resort.
Will you marry it, marry it, marry it.

;)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
One year ago I posted an audio file just like this, and I want to make a comparison between my speaking skills. Have they improved? Let's see that! :D

Hey everyone!
My name is Guilherme, I am 16 and I'm from Curitiba. First of all I'd like to congratule you for accomplishing this new project, I am sure it's gonna help a lot of people. So, today I was supposed to go to a kind of parade here in my city called Zombie Walk. It consists of a bunch of people dressed in zombies characters and they start walking along a very famous avenue trying to scare each other. That's very funny. The problem is that, unfortunately, it was raining as dawn broke and I'm sure not even 20% of the people are going there. So, I think I'll stay at home all day long and watch some great movie with my family and rest this Carnival holiday.
Avatar do usuário edrob518 3160 6 71
Hi everyone my name is Eduardo
Today I studied english a lot, as usual. I'm self taught in english in other words I study english by myself.
I wanna learn how to speak exactly like a native speaker. bye bye
Avatar do usuário claudemircloud 115 1
Hello everybody! I do not appear in the forum has a couple of years or Maybe more. I'm coming back here because I want to study English formally and here I have people to practice, maybe help, and take a lot of my doubts. I noticed that a lot has changed here in the last years and best of all that it has changed for the better. I'm happy about this and I wanna continue here.
Avatar do usuário Marcos 3345 4 17 71
Hello guys, I'm Marcos.

Well, I've been visiting this website for the last two years and I remember when I first saw this topic. I also remember being afraid of recording myself here, so I postponed it. I thought, nope maybe next time, and after quite a while, here I am at last. Exposing myself to others, to people I've never seen, and leaving my comfort zone so to speak. You know what? That's what makes us stronger when it comes to being a better English speaker. You gotta expose yourself so that you may be aware of your real skills, to be aware of what you can really do regarding this astounding language. Well, I believe I don't have much left, so that's it. Thanks for listening to me. Take care, who ever you are. Bye! :)
Avatar do usuário Alessandro 3070 3 9 74
Hi Telma,

I would love to hear your British Accent. Could you send a message here?

Thank you!
Avatar do usuário Telma Regina 22775 9 58 572
Post mais votado. Movido para a primeira página. Parabéns Telma Regina!
Avatar do usuário Marcelo Pias 640 1 2 14
Hi everyone..
It's a pleasure to be part of the English Experts website.
I have learned so much from you guys, it's been a great experience. And I hope to achieve that native-like level of English.

Any feedback is welcome. :D
Avatar do usuário Marcelo Pias 640 1 2 14
I love soccer and I just can't see myself living without it. However, my favorite soccer team, Palmeiras, have been playing so badly for the past three years. It’s been really tough to talk about soccer with my friends since they won’t stop teasing me. Luckily, things have changed this year. My team signed a lot of amazing players and hopefully this will be our year.

My team had a horrible squad. The players were not skillful at all, and didn’t even bother to try hard. This situation didn’t last too long, though. All the fans, including me, ran out of patience and attacked the president by protesting in front of the stadium, asking for a change. Now things are much different. Palmeiras managed to sign a lot of new players.

Now I can confidently say that we have a competitive team. I won’t be embarrassed when my friends talk to me anymore. Hopefully, the new players will get along and play well as a team so we can lift some trophies and come back to the same level we were years ago once and for all!

(please let me know if there's something that could be expressed in a more natural way, even if it's not grammatically incorrect)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Avatar do usuário Camila Oliveira 1420 1 13 30
Hey everyone!
I'm Camila and it's amazing to be part of the English Experts!
I love learning new things about culture, music, books...
By the way, I love traveling! To my mind, traveling is not only a way to have fun, but also to improve my english, try some local food, go sightseeing and do what natives do! The ideia of leaving my country to explore the world is completely fascinating!
So, whenever you guys feel like getting to know more about me and some travel tips, just send me a message, I'll be glad to answer your questions :)

xoxo