Studying abroad advantages

Avatar do usuário Marcelo Pias 640 1 2 14
Well, I think there are a lot of advantages, because as soon as we get ourselves immersed to a country which speaks our target language, our brain tends to get used to that language. Besides when you go for a walk with some friends, or even alone, every advertisement, plates, messages in general will be written in the target language, it means, we are almost obliged to learn and to get used to our new language!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário Juliana Rios 18850 21 98 389
Hello Marcelo! Suggestions go as follows:

Well, I think there are a lot of advantages to studying abroad, because as we get ourselves immersed/immerse ourselves in a country/culture where our target language is spoken, our brain tends to get used to that language. Besides, when you go for a walk with some friends, or even alone, every billboard, sign and message in general will be written in the target language, which means we are almost/practically forced to learn and get used to it.

There seems to be somewhat of a dispute over the use of "to oblige" in the sense of "to force" or "to compel". I'd be more inclined to think of an "obligation" as a compulsion motivated by a sense of moral duty in this case. Of course I might be wrong. Other members feel free to weigh in.