Teachers Banned From Wearing Jeans

Forever in blue jeans? How about never in blue jeans, babe.

The school board in New Hampshire's largest city just said "if you pardon me I'd like to say, you'll do OK in something other than blue jeans. In Manchester, teachers will have to obey a dress code that bans jeans and other clothing that is not deemed "professional."

15 other clothing items are banned including some t-shirts, short skirts, flip-flops and thankfully, Spandex.

The mayor doesn't think jeans are "appropriate" for teachers to wear. The superintendent, who refers to himself as "a throwback" says teachers need to set a better example for kids by what they wear.

But one school board member who voted against the ban told the Manchester Union leader "I think denim is about the most popular clothing there is for teachers." According to some fashion experts, jeans are becoming "the new power suit."

Do you have a problem with teachers wearing jeans in the classroom? Does denim make them less professional? Are you surprised a school system this size would spend time and energy on a teacher dress code when there are other issues to address?

conversation nation wbz tv
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12280 1 21 206
mili escreveu:[...]Do you have a problem with teachers wearing jeans in the classroom?

No, I don't.
Does denim make them less professional?

No, it doesn't.
Are you surprised a school system this size would spend time and energy on a teacher dress code when there are other issues to address?

No, I'm not. I think the so-called school system should give screening kids for weapons a lot more attention than it does to blue denim-wearing teachers.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Marcio thanks for your answers..as soon as possible I will comment not only in this topic, but in all the other questions I havent had time to answer 'em....I appreciate your answers....thanks again