Tell us about a good English teacher you had

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Hi Bill

You mentioned the post is "old". I think the whole forum is a dynamic thing, we all can reactivate any of the discussions here. And, specifically regarding this section, there are no "new" nor "old" questions, the idea is to have the questions answered by the forum members, no matter when they decide to answer it, and no matter when the question was published.

- The weblink you gave is not working.
- I do have to come back here and tell other stories about other English teachers I had during my trajectory......
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Flavia and all members,

Try the correct spelling http://www.ateg.org/grammar/tips/t16.pdf My error, sorry. :oops:
Now you can see why I hated diagramming sentences, it was pure torture, but it helped me. ;) :D
Marcia is the name that comes to mind. She was a great teacher, knew when to push and when to let go, was always motivating her students. Taking tests in her class, for me, was a whole different experience, cause all I wanted was to show that very special teacher that I had learned and absorved every single word she had tought us.

Not only was she a great teacher, but also it was her encouraging attitude towards me (even defying at times! Daring me to go further!) that made me go for English as a career.

Thanks, Marcia!!
Van-Spirandeo escreveu:Marcia is the name that comes to mind. She was a great teacher, knew when to push and when to let go, was always motivating her students. Taking tests in her class, for me, was a whole different experience, cause all I wanted was to show that very special teacher that I had learned and absorved every single word she had tought us.

Not only was she a great teacher, but also it was her encouraging attitude towards me (even defying at times! Daring me to go further!) that made me go for English as a career.

Thanks, Marcia!!

If I may, I would like to offer a few suggestions in the form of a rewrite, and get your honest and frank opinion of what you think.

"Marcia is the name that comes to mind. She was a great teacher, knew when to push and when to let go, and was always motivating her students. Taking tests in her class was for me a whole different experience, because all I wanted was to show that very special teacher that I had learned and absorbed every single word that she had taught us.

Not only was she a great teacher, but her encouraging attitude towards me, at times defying and daring me to go further, convinced me to make teaching English my career.

Thanks, Marcia!!"

I realize that some of the changes are nitpicking, however with the quality of your writing that is the only way that I can see to offer suggested improvements. Furthermore, I do not speak the Queens English only American (the correct ;) )English, so any suggestions would apply to American English.
By Belinassi Saturday Sepetember 17, 2011

My best English teacher was Canadian and was always funy. He not only had a great knowledge about teacher how
a very skill person . I would like to study whith him again. I hoppe improve my English more one time in Montreal.

See you
I had an excellent teacher, when I was studying at Fisk, her name is Carmen. I say that because she was very interested on my progress in English, sometimes she told me that I was good at English, that I was getting better day after day, even though it didn´t sound true that time, but nowadays, looking afterwards I am able to comprehend she was right and more than that, was trying to encourage me in front of others, who were not so much interested.

It was clear she wasn´t an huge teacher concerned to great diplomas, but she was remarkable for her good intentions and efforts.
My best english teacher was called Marcio,he was a amazing person and he knew everything about english,all the rules and exceptions and the most important thing,he knew how he could pass the informations,the verbs,and the way of talk for us.
The classes were very dynamic with a lot of activities and conversation.A good strategy that he taught me was learn 3 words per day,every day,so mine vocabulary always have something more and different.
Today i always look for him when i have doubts or i wanna know something hard.
He was like a father for me and helped me with a lot of things in my life.
Today i haven't talked to him,but I still have good memories about his classes.
Avatar do usuário Marlon X19 1005 4 16
I had a very nice english teacher, her name is ''Claire'' (that's not her real name). She was my teacher during all the year, I was studying on the 8th grade, she taught me many things, she was really smart and pretty too lol ;) . But when I finished 8th grade I changed of school and I didn't talk to her again, except once when I met her on the city where she lives.
My first teacher was when I lived in Australia. I got in level 1, there are many asian students in my classroom, she's very patience and smart, everyone liked her, I never will forget, your name is Joh....I had others teacher's very good, also remember me of the Canadian teacher, he liked so much brazilian student's, but the prefered teacher of almost all student's was John, he was the funniest that already I knew, her classroom passed very fast, because he is very funny and liked of kid with difficulty of students in speak, we Brazilian he askek to speak some words with letter TRH, example Three, tree, throw. already to asian student's some word with letter "R" raise, running.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Avatar do usuário Lucas PAYNE 260 7
I hope my teacher will see this so my grades will improve. hehe!

My teacher is a woman and normally I said, are you sure you weren't born 10 thousand years ago? why Lucas? Because she knows more about Brazil that me...she's american, she writes, reads, speaks better than many Brazilians.
She likes everything to be perfect,so it requires that I do things perfect.

She's my teacher, my friend and definitely the method works for me.