Tenho bloqueio para aprender inglês. O que fazer?

3 22
Você tem ou teve bloqueio para aprender inglês?

O que você fez para superar?

Compartilhe aqui sua experiência e ajude a todos nós.

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
A partir do momento que voce percebe que o ingles é importante voce obtém a conciencia disso. Acho que todo mundo sabe disso (que o ingles e importante).
Então apartir daí acho que o unico bloqueio que pode surgir é trocar o ingles pela comodidade, a preguiça, os prazeres, cansaço. Não importa o quão motivado voce esteja no ingles, sempre vai existir este momentos. Como uma frase que tinha lido "fazer o trabalho/estudo bem descansado é bom pra se focar mas não pra pensar fora da caixinha, ter novas ideias, chegar a uma solução realmente incrivel".
Acho que pra voce sair disso, se livar desses momentos é colocar o ingles como algo maior na sua vida e fazer uma escolha, esta escolha é abrir mão, é renunciar.
A partir do momento que há renuncia (não so pro ingles, mas pra tudo na vida) voce começa a progredir, as vezes uma progressão paulatina que ate pode não ser perceptivel, mas ela esta la.
Então não se limitar apenas ao "deixar levar", muitas pessoas dizem que a disciplina faz mal, claro que faz no excesso mas são nos momentos de comodidade e de prazer (trocadas pelo estudo) é que voce tem que lembrar e impor a disciplina nos estudos do ingles.
E o mais importante, sem faltar um dia sequer!
MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
In addition to the above, I would like to enumerate at least some things that helps to boost our drive towards English and increase our learning skills.
First, it´s a great thing to make associations or stablish contrasts, link something to something else, use mnemonics, what you have... For instance, someone that is capable of ''HOMES" as a mnemonic for the great lakes of the North America continent will know that:
H stands for Huron
O stands for Ontario
M for Michigan
E for Ontario and
S for Superior.

Someone that recalls the initials PDQ wouldn´t forget that it means "pretty damn quick", this would lead to the use of others ways to use the "pretty damn"; pretty damn fast/pretty damn fine/pretty damn fine/pretty damn sweet, just to mention a few.

It would also be of help to make one memorize the difference from "dam", and also to think of the rule that the antecedent letter comes first.
By the antecedent letter coming first, I mean, in "damn" (the letter) "m" comes first not "n", wich leads us to words like "John" where the order is "hn" , not "nh". And so on and on and on.

With "ramblings" like these we make our mind work, to focus on what matters much, that is to learn.
========================================

The other thing that springs to mind is the infamous "blank" (it haunted me when I had to take tests, mostly English tests). The way to circumvent that is to use others words, sentences, expressions, that means the same thing (it gets verbose and winding at times, but sometimes is better than stop the flow of the communication...)

===========
Another way, is to use variety (the spice of life). So, one can firstly solve crosswords, then go comics, then watch a film or try to sing along a tune, etc.

Ah, other resource, is to go by degrees...if at some point someone is puzzled by some topic, he/she can go back to easier books and explanations and boost him confidence. Then, with confidence
Strengthened, one can go back to more difficult subjects.

////////////
To be honest, my challenge is the well-known and much talked about learning "plateau" , it is a feeling that comes and go from time to time, but then I give myself some slack. Of course, I am in a comfortable position of not having to learn it to travel next week, or to use to get a better job or payment, etc etc.