The Ukrainian Crisis

Henry Cunha 3 18 190
Are you by any chance following events in the Ukraine? This seems to me to be the latest installment in an ongoing crisis of multi-lingual ethnic conflict that has been going on in Eastern Europe for a couple of centuries, and that has contributed to any number of major conflicts, including the devastation of World War I. In my view, its seriousness should not be downplayed.

In addition, I had no idea Brazil has one of the largest Ukrainian diasporas in the world, at some 400,000. In Canada, by comparison, where the Ukrainian presence is well-known, there are only about half as many people of Ukrainian descent.

In any case, for anyone interested in following up on the subject, this article in the Washington Post seems very enlightening: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wor ... -protests/

Sabe a resposta? Seja um colaborador(a)! Ao responder questões no English Experts você ganha pontos de Reputação. Se você atua na área de idiomas, suas participações na comunidade podem ser uma ótima vitrine para o seu trabalho.

Registre-se agora e faça parte!
Colabore