To Split x To Share x To Divide: Qual a diferença?

TheBigSpire 1 11 33
Hey guys!

Os verbos citados acima são todos sinônimos ou são empregados distintamente dependendo do contexto?

Thanks!

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Thomas 7 62 297
They are NOT interchangeable. Context determines which will be used.

(to split = To divide into usually equal shares between two or more people)
A- Let's split the bill. You pay half, I pay half.
B- I want to sell it to you for $500 and you want to buy it for $400. Let's split the difference: $450 and it's yours.

(to share = More than one person will use, receive, or pay for the portion of something. The portions are not always equal.)
C- We forgot our flashlight. Can you share yours with us?
D- I caught lots of fish today, and I would like to share them with you.
E- For six months, I shared a room with Phillip.
F- I have wonderful news to share with you.
G- Children, share your toys.
H- There five of us but only four blankets, so we had to share.
I- We shared the expenses of a rental car.

(to divide = To divide into two or more not always equal parts, pieces, amounts, etc.)
J- There are five of us but only four blankets, so we will divide the blankets among us.
K- There are five of us but there are six blankets, so we will divide the blankets among us.
L- The food was divided among the people in the boat.

Other examples
M- Let's share the costs of the party. Let's divide the expenses among the ten of us, splitting the total into ten equal amounts.
N- We shared to cost of the trip. We divided the trip into two parts: Rio to Sampa, and Sampa to Blumenau. The costs of the Rio to Sampa part was divided between seven people, and the Sampa - Blumenau part was divided between five people because two of the the group did not go.
Muito bom cara
peço permissão pra escrever em portugues para quem não sabe ler tudo em ingles :

Minha dica

SHARE = Compartilhar
SPLIT = Dividir ao meio
DIVIDE = Tambem dividir , mas nen sempre ao meio