Today I learn a great thing about English language.

Olá pessoal. Usei uma estatégia diferente. Eu pensei diretamente em inglês para escrever o texto abaixo; as palavras que eu não sabia eu escrevi em português mesmo. Valeu, desde já agradeço.

Texto:
Today I learn a great thing about English language. For a Portuguese speaker "lose" meaning "perder". For this a native Portuguese people perhaps say strange things; for example: "I lose the bus"; but this phrase is wrong. The correct form will be say: "I missed the bus".

The word "miss" alsomeaning "sentir falta" in Portuguese. For example; I can say "I miss you". We can use the word "miss" also when we can't go to a appointment. Then we say "I missed Bob's birthday party" (não pude ir a festa de aniversário do Bob).

Thanks for read.

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
1 resposta
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Today I learned a great thing about the English language. To a native speaker "lose" means "perder" whereas to someone from a Portuguese-speaking country this word would convey other notions (that belongs to his own language).
So a speaker of Portuguese would be tempted to form strange sentences whilee trying to speak English. For example, by saying "I lose the bus" (sic).
Obviously this sentences is wrong, the correct form should be "I missed the bus".

The word "miss" alsomeaning "sentir falta" in Portuguese. For example; I can say "I miss you". We can use the word "miss" also when we can't go to a appointment. Then we say "I missed Bob's birthday party" (não pude ir a festa de aniversário do Bob).

When you make English stood out of all languages, it have to deserve a "the" before it.
You specified one of a variety of languages that could be your pick. Get it? That´s why I reworded that chunk, by adding whereas. By doing so, I broke the sequence of "for", plus it merged two sentences that were small enough that could fit in just one.

More often than not we refer to "native" as being someone that speaks English, or was born in an English-speaking country. Mostly to focus their command of that language.

See? You have learned more than you had anticipated today.