Como dizer "confundir-se" em inglês

Hello everybody,

I would like to know how do i say " eu me confundi" in english..?

thx

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
9 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
I would say: "I mistake"
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Complementando:

1. I got confused = eu me confundi

2. Ela me confundiu = she confused me

Bons estudos!
Adriano Japan 1 2 21
*Adding:

to mistake (something) for

→Example:
Sometimes people mistake friendliness for romantic interest.
Guys, firstly I would like to thank you for the excellent work you do for the Brazilian community or maybe for the worldwide community. I'm thinking seriously in don't search anymore at Google and go ahead here, because every research I do on Google, it redirects me to EE!
Well, I have a complementary question about this subject. How can I express myself in the phrase: "A história da Inglaterra SE CONFUNDE com a história do Reino Unido"?
I think to myself that this "se confunde" isn't nearby "get confused", Am I wrong?

All the best!
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Nesse caso, sugiro "to be intertwined with": twisted together or closely connected so as to be difficult to separate. (cambridge)
  • "A história da Inglaterra se confunde com a história do Reino Unido." [The history of England is intertwined with the history of the United Kingdom.]
Exemplos que servem de referência - publicações internacionais:
  • "It's said that the history of the castle is intertwined with the history of Scotland itself." (www.exploring-castles.com - uk)
  • The Harley-Davidson brand is so rooted in American culture that the history of the company intertwines with the history of America itself. (www.motorcycle-usa.com)
  • The artist's life is intertwined with the city's history. [A vida do artista se confunde com a história da cidade.]
Bons estudos.
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
And also:
The history of the United Kingdom and that of England is so intervowen with each other.
The history of the United Kingdom and that of England is closed linked with each other.

Your example is good, with a little caveat though. It´s that the United Kingdom is regarded as a sovereign state, being constituted of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. So, technically many people wouldn´t agree that the United Kingdom is a country, whereas England is a country.
Como eu digo?
Eu confundi o ônibus! Peguei o onibus errado.

Thanks
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I wasn´t mindful and go on the wrong bus by mistake.

Headline from the Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... hoax.html
Sydney student explains how he got on the wrong bus and ended up in CANBERRA - and blames confusing new timetables for the detour.
A man in Shanghai who mistakenly boarded the wrong bus while running late for work, attempted to ask the bus driver to stop the vehicle during its normal route and let him off on Tuesday. After the driver refused, the man resorted to kicking the bus door fiercely until the glass broke into pieces. Then he jumped off the bus through the hole and ran away. The fast-acting driver stopped the bus immediately and caught the man. The man was even later to work than he would have been, because he was then handed to the police and was fined 1000 yuan.
Source: YouTube video.
Double whammy for him!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
And there is this other one situation:
But she mistook the bus number and got on the wrong one, which carried her to a part of Bombay she did not know.

So,
Eu confundi o ônibus! Peguei o onibus errado.
I mistook the bus number and got on the wrong one.