Near-post corner past a flapping - Tradução em português

Simon Vasconcelos 11 221
His left-footed free-kick from 30 yards out on the right whistled into the near-post corner past a flapping Richard Kingson (the goalkeeper).

Eu entendi que não deu para o goleiro pegar a bola, se não estiver enganado, mas gostaria uma tradução mais precisa.

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
Seu tiro canhoto de distancia de 30 jardas da direita do gol entrou no canto próximo, evadindo o "esforço aéreo" do goleiro Richard Kingston.

flapping = birds flap their wings = batendo as asas
Breckenfeld 3 15 131
Minha sugestão:

His left-footed free-kick from 30 yards out on the right whistled into the near-post corner past a flapping Richard Kingson (the goalkeeper).

Seu tiro livre de esquerda à 30 jardas pela direita, acertou o gol em cheio pelo pelo primeiro pau passando por Richard Kingson que tinha se jogado para defender.

Até mais!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I think all above translations are apt and suitable (they would work for me), but I like the image of "whistling" as sibilando/assoviando (um carro com muita velocidade a antena e os espelhos passam a fazer tal som, a imagem poderia ser que a bola foi batida com tal força que era "sem chance para o goleiro").

Again, with the image of a flapping goalkeeper I think he was like a fish out of the water, with the hands motioning up and down, if the goal context is of a shootout (at the end of the game, to decide the score). So, "past a flapping" would refer to a goalkeeper that was (desperately) "flapping" on the ground in the attempt to avoid the goal. In vain, as it turns out! The "flapping goalpkeeper" would be a way of adjectiving him even before the kicking here.

If it´s not the case (shootouts), it could be that the goalkeeper movement resembled that of a fish flapping out of the water, now after the goal.
The 15 yards, to the Brazilian reader could be translated into meters (15 meters if one isn´t perfectionist, or 13 meters if one want to be accurante - sort of).

One way or the other, I think the writer is someone that enjoys both, soccer/football and fishing. :-)