PatriciaGSouza: Diário de Bordo

Ok, my name is Patricia and I am 22. :oops:
I'm starting this diary because I believe that I can be motived to write more and then to talk more too, because I need to pratice! I have a lot of time, but I am a lazy person. I don't have doubts about it! :roll: :oops:
But, for me, to write in english is very dificult and to think in english when I need, too. My mind works in portuguese, I can't explain. And about to speak, I always said that I have 3 types of English: American English, British English and Patty's English. For example, when I am listening music, I hear of one way (many times without sense!) and when I search the letter, I see that it's completely different. I don't have a good "listening". But when I talked to my teacher about, he said to me it's normal. I don't think it's normal...
For now, is it.
I will try write at night. If I can't, tomorrow I will be here!

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
12 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
1 14 31
Hello Patrícia, welcome to English Experts!
I do agree with you in some points and since you told you are not very good at listening, I'm going to share my opinion in english though audio, check it out:
ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
Owwnnn, thanks! Of course, you can call me Patty, and everybody too! When I saw a notification of somebody answered my diary in my e-mail I said: "wooowwww" haha It's so great! Hum... Tomorrow I will have a class of conversation and I will try talk more, I did this promise for me today. And everyday I will write here. Now I just enter here because I saw a notification *-* And I am very happy! :) Sleepy, but very happy! So, for now is it!
6 49 1.3k
Hi there, Patty! Welcome to the EE, and to the wonderful world of English in all its forms.
You are off to a good start, I got a feelin' ! (your post somewhat reminded me of the Black Eyed Peas...), and yes, you can.

Some minor corrections coming your way:

But, for (to) me, to write in English is very dificult and to think in English when I need, too. My mind works in Portuguese, I can't explain. (your got it right when you wrote "American English, British English and Patty's English", though.)
For example, when I am listening music, I listen it once (more often than not without making sense!) and when I search the lyrics, I see that it's completely different. I don't have a good ear to "listening". But then when I talked to my teacher about it, he said to me it's normal.
I don't think it's normal...
So that´s it, for the time being.
I will try to write more about my listening and English experiences this evening. If I can't, tomorrow I will be here!

I listen - I intently listen, or I liste with one purpose.
I hear - I just hear, "hearing" is one action that you can´t control and happens without "any intentional effort".
http://www.f.waseda.jp/vicky/students/h ... -hear.html

=============
The listening can be a difficult skill, sometimes not one to be mastered overnight. Don´t worry, you will get there!
Hello! Thank's, PPaulo for your recomendations! :D
Hum...Why do you remember Black Eyed Peas? rsrs
And, Is "You are off" a expression? Because I don't understand this. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Today, I don't have many things to say. I had my class, two class in truth. First, I had a class of conversation about notices and today we talked about a famous case: Colombine massacre. My teacher said that is famous, but I didn't hear about that! So, we started discuss about the things that influence the violence and crimes between teenagers. In this case, people indicated a lot of points for answered a reason of those boys killed a lot of person, and one of the points was Marilyn Manson. Yeah, they said that him musics influence teenagers of negative way. Then, we talked about kinds of musics, like rock metal and styles of clothes and how can music and artists influence teenagers. We saw a video of a interview with Marilyn and in this video he talked about his songs, the massacre of Colombine and he doesn't considerer himself a cause of that. After, in my second class, we talked about travels and we listened a song of The Eagles: Hotel California. I love this song!
Before my two classes, I was searching for job. I need a job. But nowadays is very hard because have many opportunities, but a big part of then always need experience in the area, and I don't have any experience! :/
Oh, and for finish my day with style, I am trying hear the song Just Give Me A Reason, by Pink, and understand the letter. It's funny.
It's all for today!
:geek:
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
To be off to a good start/to get off to a good start - começar bem, começar com o pé direito. That, because you said that you can be motivated, and be motivated is to be off to a good start in the business of learning.

The Black Eyed Peas thing came to my mind when I used the expression "I got a feeling´ " , automatically it reminded me of that song!
1 14 31
Every time I hear somebody saying "I gotta feeling" I can't help but sing "that tonight's gonna be a good night" =P
Wow kkkkkk I was totally lost and now it's funny ;3
I really didn't link the ideas yesterday kkkkk
6 49 1.3k
See? learning English doesn´t have to be boring and dull, it can be funny too !
6 49 1.3k
By the way, I´ll let you know a little secret (but you can pass it on to others, if you wish.); the English-speaking people added one ''m" to the word "recommendation", I think it´s to leave the learning of English harder to us. :P
Thus I will reword that sentence to "Hello! Thank's, PPaulo for your recommendations!"
Feel free to correct my mistakes as well, and there will be a lot of them! see you around !
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
2 16 113
Paulo, your English is flawless! You could record something to us, I wanna hear your voice :)
6 49 1.3k
Thanks. Glad that you like it.
I feel my writing QC-passed, which is a good thing but I know I am still far from mark. Someday I will get there, or I will live trying! :lol:
As for the recording thing, I´ll leave to the advanced people I preffer this way since my voice and pronounce would scare away our fellow leaners!