Vocabulário em inglês para lojas de moto

Ricardo F. Bernardi 6 26 454
Long time no see, English EXPERTS Team.
Good afternoon.

How could I say the following terms in English?
If there are differences abroad related to the technical vocabulary, could you present them please?

1- Serviços de motor completo e parcial
2- Retífica - cilindro e cabeçote
3- Alinhamento de quatro elástico
4- Pintura de moto e revisões completas
5- Pintura dos cubos
6- Envelopamento de moto
7- Revisão da parte elétrica
8- Limpeza do carburador
9- Pré-inspeção veicular
10- Instalação de peças em geral
11- Limpeza de bico
12- Alinhamento e centralização da roda
13- Regulagem de válvula
14- Alinhamento de chassi
15- Box rápido de peças
16- Instalação de antena corta pipa

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours,

Ricardo.

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Just a kick-off, sometime I´ll be back to this thread. But others feel free to help out a fellow learner, please.:

1- full or partial engine strip and rebuild.
2-rebuild of parts (rebuild of cylinder, head or crank - cilindro, cabeçote dos cilindros or vibrabequin).
Ricardo F. Bernardi 6 26 454
Could someone check if the following statements are right please?

1- Full or semi engine strip and rebuild
2- Rebuild of parts (cylinder, head or crank)
3 e14 - Chassis alignment (I believe they are the same, but I'm not so sure.)
4- Full review and (precision) painting
5- Disc wheels / hubs painting
6- Moto wrapping service
7- Electric cabinet revision
8- Cleaning of the carburetor or carburator?
9- Pre-inspection
10- Installation of the moto parts in general
11- Air nozzle cleaning
12- Mass centralization and alignment
13- Tube adjustment
15- Fast pit stop (of moto pieces) (I believe that's no need to put the last statement)
16- (Ainda não consegui encontrar o termo "antena corta pipa" em inglês)
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
3- Alinhamento de quadro (não quatro) elástico (rear suspension).
In general terms could be "rear suspension service", but then there is the subsets of this kind of service, for example the servicing of shocks (changing of rear shocks, for example), damping adjustment (here involves the notion of compression and absorbing dampings, etc).

In sum, you could say that you do the "servicing (and reconditioning, if so) of rear suspension."

In time: to those that are newbies in the world of motorbikes (like me), "suspensão traseira" is called (quadro elástico) and "suspensão dianteira" would consist of "bengala e mesas". I have learned.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Antena corta-pipa = the "antenna-like" wire cutter, are usually called (motorcycle) anti kite line device".

I think the term isn't found in English because when there was a prank with fish lines in Washington (Graham road) it made the news, that happens once in a blue moon. In Rio it's not a prank, but the result of flying kites with the line coated in crushed glass (meant to cut the 'rival' kite line).
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
"Full or semi engine strip and rebuild."

1. I would favor the "full or partial engine strip" or "complete or partial engine strip" (desmontagem parcial ou completa do motor.

No caso de aviação eu acho importante um comentário feito no site Proz:
Pessoal, "to strip an engine" não e removê-lo. É desmonta-lo até o quanto pode ser desmontado: em especial retirar as linhas de combustível e de ar e os sensores de temperatura, para ele poder ser lavado. A frase supõe que o motor já tinha sido removido da aeronave.

No caso de motos, por fotos, entendo que sim o motor é removido dela para algum tipo de bancada (diferente do sentido da aviação). Alguns mecanismos e peças são retirados (quando parcial) ou todos (quando total).
É uma boa ideia tirar fotos antes, pois é 'quase' um relógio analógico, de tantas peças.

Como o cara mostra nesse site:
Ref. advrider

As respostas requerem pesquisa, pensar e digerir informação. Para conferir mais exatidão á tradução ou versão em português.

Moto é um desafio, mundo novo pra mim! Pra ser sincero, inglês já é um desafio... ;-)