Correção de texto: Frases with money

Andrezzatkm 2 8 111
As pessoas tentam comprar o amor com suas posses, mas o dinheiro, se compra o mundo, não compra o sentido da vida.
The people try to buy love with their money, but with money, you can buy the world, but can't buy your purpose of life.

Tudo que tem preço é barato. Só aquilo que o dinheiro não compra é realmente caro, e aquele que não adquirir será eternamente mizerável ainda que seja milionário
Everything that has a price is cheap. Only things, which money can't buy is really expensive, and those who don't get it, will be miserable forever, however millionaire they maybe.

O dinheiro compra a diversão mas nunca a felicidade.

Money can buy amusement, but it never can buy happiness.

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Ricardo F. Bernardi 6 26 454
Aren't those Augusto Cury's phrases?
Andrezzatkm 2 8 111
Aren't those Augusto Cury's phrases?
Não sei quem são os autores das frases.

O objetivo é a correção do inglês.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Not trying to be a nitpicker here, far be it from me, but "mizerável" (in Portuguese) would be spelled with the letter "s".

In the sentence "The people try to buy love with their money, but with money, you can buy the world, but can't buy your purpose of life." leave out "the".

So "people try to buy love with their money, but with money, you can buy the world, but can't buy your purpose of life." would be the way.

When we are speaking of "as pessoas" OR "pessoas" in general, or about their traits, things that they do (in general ways) we don´t use the definite article.

When defined/specified which people, then it´s okay: the people of China, the people of Brazil...

Other examples:

I love mankind ... It's people I can't stand!!”
― Charles M. Schulz, The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 5: 1959-1960
(not "it´s the people"...)

When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.
― Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life
(not the people)

People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a person, he can't be fixed.”
― Rick Riordan, The Battle of the Labyrinth
(not the people and it could be translated in one of the following ways "as pessoas" or "pessoas".)

“Don't waste your time with explanations: people only hear what they want to hear.”
― Paulo Coelho

But then:
The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
― Albert Einstein
("the people who are evil" which is a specified group here; in contrast to "the people who don´t do anything about it" (that is, the people are indifferent/uninvolved, etc.)