Significado de "over on"

Qual sentido tem o "over on" nas seguintes frases:

I found a new place over on Carswell Road - near the swimming pool.
We found a woman's body over on 9th Street.

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Find over - encontrar.

I found a new place over on Carswell Road - near the swimming pool.
(Eu) encontrei um lugar/uma casa/um apartamento na estrada Carswell - perto da piscina.

We found a woman's body over on 9th Street.
(Nós) Encontramos/achamos um corpo de mulher na Rua 9.

Skeletons are ubiquitous; they're found all over the place.
Os esqueletos são omnipresentes; eles são encontrados por todo o lado. (com "all over" aí é mamão com açúcar! )

But don´t make confusion with "find over..." (achar mais de...).
June Williamson and I have been researching this topic for over a decade, and we've found over 80 varied projects.
June Williamson e eu temos investigado este tema na última década. Já encontrámos mais de 80 projectos variados.

As you see, "found over a woman´s body" couldn´t be (achar mais de...), it´s only one body!
Eu poderia retirar o OVER, certo?!
I found a new place on Carswell Road.

Então qual a função do OVER nessa frase?

Exemple: From the castle tower you can see over the whole city.
Nessa frase o 'over' está sendo usando porque se refere a algo que está numa posição mais alta que outra coisa.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Sometimes they are perfectly interchangeage; I mean, the pair FIND/FIND OVER. But then sometimes "find over" has a certain ring of "surprise factor/element of surprise" (the unexpected or fortuituitous (unpredictable). That what happens with "We found a woman's body over on 9th Street."

Whereas with "I found a new place over on Carswell Road - near the swimming pool." can be interchangeable, but then I wouldn´t eliminate the probability of the author of the sentence having used "find over" to mean that it was a bit of a surprise, or that it was not a small feat, no small potatoes for him. So, to be interchangeable here would be "in the mind of the beholder".
Eu li essa frase num podcasts e como não tirava o tal over da cabeça entrei em contato com o site, eles me responderam o seguinte:

"Yes, you can say the same thing without 'over'. Sometimes we use 'over' to refer to a place that is not nearby or across from where we are."

Total sentido! E olha que eu já havia lido sobre, mas não conseguia encontrar o sentido.

Obrigada pela ajuda Paulo.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Thanks for sharing Natali. Glad that it was of help, the answer pointed to "find over" and not to "over on" as suggested, so we were half-way from the answer. That´s good, we learn something new by the minute here! ;-)
And your question would is of interest to others as well, I am certain of that.