I would like you to x I would like that you: Qual utilizar

Boa noite, pessoal! Quando se trata do uso do "that" em uma frase, existe uma dica a qual diz que o mesmo pode ser omitido antes de pronomes pessoais. Sei que isso não é 100% do tempo, pois achei um tópico aqui do fórum (o-uso-do-that-dicas-e-macetes-t11822.html que demonstra exceções.

Na frase "I would like you to come", qual o motivo do "that" não poder ser usado antes do "you" como se fosse "I would like that you to come"? Pois, penso que na tradução mais próxima, ficaria algo como "Eu gostaria que você viesse". Pesquisando no Google, descobri que esse jeito que eu acho que daria para montar a frase (com o that) está errada...Alguém poderia me explicar o motivo? Eu não tenho certeza se isso tem haver com o fato de "Would like" junto ao "to" ter sido usado na construção.

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
The very wording "I would like you to [do something]..." conveys the idea of "that", so not we do not normally use "that" after WANT/WOULD LIKE.
That boils down to one thing they call convention, or at least that is my guess.
One more thing: not using "that" turns the sentence more economical, plus in a similar way to the topic of object pronouns (in English, I mean), the omission of THAT here doesn´t makes the sentence impossible to understand. Only that in this case (with I would like...) it´s not optional, you just don´t use the relative pronoun.
I used the analogy just to make you see that the rule of not using it doesn´t ruin the comprehension; but fact is, one doesn´t use it. I peg it to convention (along with pragmatism - since they use simpler structures, in an economical way).
Anyway, let´s leave the last word for the grammarians and more advanced learners.

Topics used in my analogy/explanation.
https://languageonschools.com/free-engl ... ould-like/
http://englishharmony.com/omitting-relative-pronouns/