Como dizer "haja braço/perna" em inglês

How could one say "haja braço" or "haja perna" in English for when an activity takes a lot of energy from your arms/legs?

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Maybe "(it) takes a lot of one's arm/leg" could be an option? I still think there could be some better ideas.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Weightlifting is not for the weak. That lifting weights is for the brave. (a more informal and funny, perhaps slightly bragging way).

It takes a lot of physical strength and energy/stamina to push the weight in those workout machines. (and mental strength as well, willpower - sort of)
https://menhealth.in/top-10-leg-workouts-men/

From somewhere else on the Web:
It takes a lot of physical strength to be able to put your hands on a raised bar and lift your body upward until your chin passes the bar.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Other context would involve tiredness, say you could describe something like this:

I saw, off in the distance, what looked to be a car crawling across the road like a dog
And it was strange indeed, but not as strange as
The overwhelming tiredness I felt in that moment.
Leg heavy like a bag of bricks, switching pedals
Hands falling off the steering wheel
Head nodding, head swiveling

https://benignindiffference.wordpress.com/

It was taken from poetry, but you can rightly guess that it´s about a cyclist in a tired state, as though going uphill...

A) So, what is it like to pedal/ride a bike uphill?
B)Your legs feel like lead/your legs get heavy like a bag of bricks!
PPAULO escreveu:Other context would involve tiredness, say you could describe something like this:

I saw, off in the distance, what looked to be a car crawling across the road like a dog
And it was strange indeed, but not as strange as
The overwhelming tiredness I felt in that moment.
Leg heavy like a bag of bricks, switching pedals
Hands falling off the steering wheel
Head nodding, head swiveling

https://benignindiffference.wordpress.com/

It was taken from poetry, but you can rightly guess that it´s about a cyclist in a tired state, as though going uphill...

A) So, what is it like to pedal/ride a bike uphill?
B)Your legs feel like lead/your legs get heavy like a bag of bricks!
Thanks for the reply, PPAULO. However, don't you think there might exist a simpler way of saying "exige muito braço/perna" in English? What did you think of my suggestion? Do you think it makes sense?
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
By analogy you mixed the two parts (something that I did a lot in the past), at times I was advised not to. English doesn´t work like Portuguese, sometimes it will work sometimes not. More often than not it doesn´t.

So, back to the sentence:
It takes a lot of - and - one´s leg and arms.
Well, the it takes a lot of something here, and not only from legs and arms, but all of the body, the whole of the organs in the body. But I will leave logic behind and will see it from another angle: it doesn´t seem natural English!
But I am not definite on that one, let´s wait for further opinions and comments.

To my thinking, e.g. "It takes takes an unimaginable strength to do that/to do the said activity." would do.
And there are other ways to express that, obviously.