Como dizer "Ficar mexida" em inglês

Como dizer em inglês por favor, "ficar mexida", no sentido de alguém ou uma situação mexer com a gente emocionalmente, deixar a gente alterado independentemente de ser bom ou ruim, mas de alguma forma isso nos afeta e nos deixa impactado.

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
23 127 1.7k
Um verbo para essa situação é touch.
  • I was touched. [Eu fiquei mexido(a).]
  • His comments really touched me. [Eu fiquei mexido(a) com os comentários dele.]
Se "ficar mexido(a)" estiver acontecendo enquanto você fala, então utilize "I'm touched!" / "Fiquei mexido(a)!"

Bons estudos.
POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
And also: I was really moved by the scene in that movie in which the boy finds his lost dog and hugs him.

(mexida no sentido de "tocado" ou afetado emocionalmente).

We use the word “touched” to talk about a situation in which a person does something considerate for us without being asked to do it.
Which is the context of the above comment, in the context of the example provided by Donay. Albeit the concepts have some areas of intersection, sometimes it could be interchangeable, that is.

Ref. englishhelponline
E se eu usasse "Stirred", seria um sentido necessariamente negativo? Qual seria o sentido em Português?
6 49 1.3k
Just "stirred" wouldn't sound natural English in such context. It would be used with a slightly (or not so slightly) negative sense.
Since it and generally used as a verb not adjective:

The role of private investigators has stirred controversy in the investigation.

And there is no doubt, too, that its legacy will be marred by the controversy it stirred, both on and off screen.

The timing of the violence against the students has particular resonance and has stirred public sentiment.

Source: dictionary

As you can see, all examples show a situation that involves something a bit "negative" (or "pejorative" in other cases if you take to the Web). It's (the situation) signaled in those sentences by the following words or expressions: "controversy" and "violence".

Ref. gutenberg
“There seems no such thing as serious repentance in me, ” he had once said to Kate, two years before, when she had upbraided him with some desperate flirtation which had looked as if he would carry it as far as gentlemen did under King Charles II. “How does remorse begin?”

“Where you are beginning, ” said Kate.

“I do not perceive that, ” he answered. “My conscience seems, after all, to be only a form of good-nature. I like to be stirred by emotion, I suppose, and I like to study character. But I can always stop when it is evident that I shall cause pain to somebody. Is there any other motive?”

“In other words, ” said she, “you apply the match, and then turn your back on the burning house.”

The above is another one that would be triggered by a negative output.

You can say that you are "stirred by emotion" that would not necessarily be a bad thing, since vocabulary

To stir is to mix something up. You can literally stir cake batter with a spoon, or figuratively stir someone's emotions by writing them a heartfelt letter.

So, by using the two words (and with the context) you wouldn't ever be wrong, it's less used than "moved", though.