Como dizer "Aparelho ortodôntico móvel" em inglês

Olá! Como se diz aparelho MÓVEL (ortodôntico) em inglês. Grato.

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
2 22 127
sjaumstt escreveu:You can refer to it as removable braces.
Also remember to use the verb wear and not the verb use.

Example: I've finally stopped wearing braces. Now I only wear removable braces occasionally.
This is true, just once everyone knows you wear removable braces, you don't repeat the word removable everytime when referring to them, you'd just say braces.

Another example conversation:

"My ortho says I should be able to switch to removable braces soon."

"So bye-bye braceface?"

"Exactly, I'll be so happy when this wiry nightmare is gone. He also said I should only need those braces for a year or so, and then I could switch to just wearing a retainer at night."

"Awesome."
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
6 49 1.3k
Removable orthodontic appliances (os removíveis).

The functional appliances can be divided into fixed and removable.
Source: Wikipedia.
Obrigado. E poderia dizer removable braces?
2 22 127
It's usually just called a retainer in everyday speech.

Ref. en.wikipedia
You can refer to it as removable braces.
Also remember to use the verb wear and not the verb use.

Example: I've finally stopped wearing braces. Now I only wear removable braces occasionally.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
6 49 1.3k
Thank you guys for your insights and updating. Indeed it could be any of them.
Granted, removable orthodontic appliances is, nowadays, more on the academical side.

Good job, Bryan. Yours was a spot on comment. This meaning that your grasp of Portuguese is certainly doing well too! Congrats.