Como dizer "Joçá" em inglês

Zumstein 1 31 435
Duas definições:
Pequenos "pêlos" na folha da cana, que provocam coceira (dic informal).
Joçá ou joçál - (Bras.) Lanugem da cana-de-açúcar e de outras gramíneas. (Aulete)

Em inglês que é bom, nada.
Alguém de habilita? Joçá ou joçal em inglês. Eu sigo na busca.
Tia.

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Sim, aqui vai minha tentativa. Poderíamos também chamar de lanugem, e no caso de grama eles podem chamar de "dust" (velo, lanugem, pêlo).
Também se referem a ele com a palavra "hair" e por vezes "bristles".

Lawn Causing Itching and Welts. ... The itching is probably due to the drying of dust and sweat on the skin, but the welts may have several causes. Your child(ren) may be allergic to the grass.
Source: site Ceventura.

E do site http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=2105

Why does human skin itch when it reacts with grass?
Question Date: 2009-05-28
Answer 1:
Grass has a serrated (toothed) edge on the blades. So when you rub yourskin against it, the grass makes tiny cuts. A more common reason for grassitching is because there are tiny hairs on the grass and these hairs secretea fluid that is irritating to the skin.

Answer 2:
Grass blades do not have a smooth surface - they are covered in many very tiny bristles known as 'trichomes'.You may be able to see these on a blade of grass with a good magnifying glass.

I think that with sugar cane one can use such wording as well, only that one can´t talk of "tiny bristles", he hee.
By the way, thanks for teaching me a new word, "joçá" made to Aulete but I had never seen the word. How come!