Correção de frase: ''I went home to my house.''

Estudo inglês há um tempo considerável e, através de uma página na internet me deparei com esta frase que, para mim, soa no mínimo estranha.
Alguém poderia me explicar?
Esta frase está de fato incorreta?

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Redseahorse 4 35 575
A frase dada, de fato não tem sentido, está incorreta. Talvez com mais informações ou trechos mais longos se possa avaliar e opinar melhor.
Trata-se de um curso online do site Futurelearn, cujo atual tópico inicia-se da seguinte forma:
Irregular verbs in the past tense

Here are some examples of irregular verbs in the past from Mo and Nadia’s conversation.
What are irregular verbs? They do not follow the rules because the verbs DO NOT end with –ed.

Look at these examples and listen to each:
* I bought her some food in the supermarket.

- I went home to my house.
- I had a busy weekend.
- I spoke with family and friends.
- I ate lots of nice food.

(Eu iria pular este tópico, pois trata-se de um assunto que eu já possuia conhecimento, até que me deparei com esta frase, que me deixou encucada).
Bryan Philpott 2 22 127
"I went home to my house" is irregular and probably shouldn't be used in a didactic example like this, but it is not an incorrect thing to say.

You would typically only say this if you were narrating and needed to make clear that your home was your house, not your parents' house, not someone else's place, but actually yours.

For example, you might do this when you are giving a police report or testifying in court and want to be very clear on where you actually went.
Redseahorse 4 35 575
That seems as 'emphatic pleonasm; although there's still some traditional rhetoric regarding pleonasm as a figure that fulfills a function, I'd gauge that phrase as 'bad style' or 'unwitting slip'.

I might be wrong about this critical thinking.