Although not that one - Tradução em português

11 225
Worryingly ...
Roy Hodgson was just asked what he wants to see from the England players and his reply was: "What they have showed me so far". Really?

Craig Burley ...
(although not that one) writes: "My first reaction to the Brazil-Bolivia video is that England should play against Bolivia more often. That was some unbelievable defending... San Marino defend better than that."
And the teams are out on the pitch!

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
9 65 608
Minha sugestão:

Craig Burley ...(although not that one) writes...

Craig Burley ...(embora não aquele) escreve... (como o Paulo traduziu)

Comments:
O Craig Burley à que o autor se refere é um leitor que escreveu para o jornal, não "aquele" Craig Burley, ex-jogador de futebol, que todos os fãs de futebol (de lá) conhecem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Burley
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
I think it could be "embora não esse/essa" or "embora não aquele/aquela" depending on context.

It seems clear that "Worringly" and "although not that one" are nicknames, under which the author of the above views send their opinions.
Somehow the nicks have to do with the opinions themselves, Worringly (preocupante) seems like experiencing uneasiness about the England squad. And "although not that one ("embora não essa" -seleção?) perhaps would preffer the England team with a different lineup not the current one (just guessing here).
6 49 1.3k
Glad to know, Telma. I didn´t knew there was another Craig Burley at all, it was a "famous unknown" to me. Ha ha. Thanks for clarifying that bit. ;)