At a distance deeper in breadth than the water - Tradução em português

Hello everyone.
I'm working on a translation of a poem. It was written in English and I'm attempting to translate it to Portuguese.
I know that when translating a poem is something very different than translating a text in prose because of the metaphors, idioms, interpretations...
Keeping all of that in mind, I've come to ask you for a little help.
The verse I'm trying to translate is this one: at a distance deeper in breadth than the water's depth

It comes from this two stanzas:

Trees are born and die, bones turn to humus,
Glaciers to meadowland. It is time

To turn yourself loose, like new leaves,
Like big lakes on which swim enormous birds
at a distance deeper in breadth than the water's depth.

I'm having problems of understanding the literal meaning, specifically the words "in breadth". I don't know if my translation is making sense.
What I could understand was: "a uma distância mais profunda em largura do que a profundeza da água". Is the way I translated "in breadth" correct or
Is there a clearer way for a literal translation?

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
"in breadht and depth" é uma daquelas expressões que tomam um significado único, ou quase único.
Assim quando se quer "dramatizar/realçar" algo de compreensão profunda, densa, não facilmente atingível ou identificável, essa é a expressão de escolha.
Poderíamos, entre outras traduções, verter isso assim: "profundidade e amplitude/profundidade e extensão" ou expressões similares.

Mas cuidado com o uso demasiado de qualquer expressão, para não virar clichê.

Agora aos exemplos:
I don't think you have any real comprehension of the depth and breadth of your vulnerability.
Não acho que você tenha compreensão da amplitude e extensão de sua vulnerabilidade.

(em outras palavras, "você não tem noção" de sua vulnerabilidade.)

A third challenge discussed during the meeting referred to the steps to be taken concerning the depth and breadth of policy harmonization.
Uma terceiro desafio debatido durante o encontro foi sobre os passos a serem tomados sobre a real extensão (e profundidade) das medidas de harmonização de políticas.

Aqui, neste último exemplo, meu juízo é de que foi usado para que se entenda que tais medidas "impactam" as medidas. Portanto, foram debatidos extensivamente "aqueles passos" para que não hajam dúvidas e que não se corra o risco de que a implementação seja apenas "pro forma/pra inglês ver".

Minha intenção não é esgotar o assunto, e nem poderia, é mais fácil explicar na prática do que na teoria. Portanto sugiro dar mais uma olhada em sites como o Wordreference, Bab.la, Linguee, etc para que se tenha uma ideia melhor.
POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
Thank you very much
6 49 1.3k
It´s our pleasure to be of help. And rewarding to see people improving their English. You are welcome!
2 23
I have never heard this in my life. Depth and breadth, yes.
6 49 1.3k
Ha ha, to be honest neither did I. There are some expressions in English (and Portuguese for that matter) that rarely present to ourselves on a day-to-day basis. Thanks for pointing that out, so the learner will know that it's not widely used.
Perhaps it's more of a thing of poetry! It's a good thing that she is into reading and discovering things about the language. ;-)