Came right up out of the water - Tradução em português

Olá Pessoal,

Estou com dificuldades em traduzir essa expressão no contexto abaixo:

"When God spoke, mountains and land came right up out of the water."

Abaixo minha tradução, porém não estou seguro e está correta.

"Quando Deus falou, montanhas e terra saíram da água."

Podem me ajudar?

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
1 resposta
Ricardo F. Bernardi 6 26 454
Greetings, Danilo.

You should read the articles:
(1) traducao-de-right-up-t43731.html
(2) it-s-coming-right-up-t2973.html
(3) significado-de-right-up-t38998.html

I would like to enphasize that some prepositions are not suited in a sentence, due to the context and possible meanings. The prepositions up and out are antonymes, so you shouldn't use them at the same time.

In your sentence, there are two mistakes:

(1) The use of the preposition "out" represents a type of redundancy.
(2) The expressions 'right up' and 'out of' are opposite to each other.

Depending on the context, we have the possible sentences and translations:

1) When God spoke, the mountains and the land came right up from the water.
2) When God spoke, the mountains and the land came from the water.
3) When God spoke, the mountains and the land came right up the water.
4) When God spoke, the mountains and the land came right up to the water.
5) When God spoke, the mountains and the land came out of the water.

1) Quando Deus falou, as montanhas e a terra brotaram da água (Figurative meaning).
2) Quando Deus falou, as montanhas e a terra surgiram / vieram da água (Literal / Figurative meaning).
3) Quando Deus falou, as montanhas e a terra apareceram bem rentes à água (Literal meaning).
4) Quando Deus falou, as montanhas e a terra vieram até a água (Figurative meaning).
5) Quando Deus falou, as montanhas e a terra saíram da água (Figurative meaning).

I hope I've helped you.

Sincerely yours,

Ricardo.

Sources:

(1) Koopman, Hilda. (2000) "Prepositions, postpositions, circumpositions, and particles". In The Syntax of Specifiers and Heads. London: Routledge.
(2) Huddleston, Rodney, and Geoffrey K. Pullum. (2002) The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-43146-8.
(3) Azar, B. (2000). Understanding and Using English Grammar: (3rd ed.) Workbook. White Plains, NY: Longman.