Fuming at each other - Tradução em português

Poderia traduzir a frase "America and Brazil are now fuming at each other" como "EUA e Brasil estão, um irritando o outro"?
Ou ao menos é esse o sentido?
[]'s

EBOOK VERBO GET Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu email. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
DoAssogue escreveu:Poderia traduzir a frase "America and Brazil are now fuming at each other" como "EUA e Brasil estão, um irritando o outro"?
Ou ao menos é esse o sentido?
[]'s
This gringo thinks you have it right, at least in the general meanings. When two people, organizations or countries are fuming at each other it means that they are very upset with each other, over a real or perceived slight.
In this case I think what you are refering to is Brasil and Turkey reaching an agreement with Iran over nuclear materials, and then not supporting additional sanctions against Iran in the UN that the Obama Administration wanted.

I must say however that the anger President Obama has shown against Brasil, is in my opinion, somewhat petulant and childish, because Brasil is a soverign nation free to pursue actions in its own best interest, regardless of what any other nation wants them to do.
WOW!
That was a great answer, thank you Bill!
Actually, I was talking about Brazil and Turkey agreement with Iran (I've read in The Economist) and though I agree with your opinion about President Obama's anger, I think Brazil's government (who wants to become "first world") should not be involved in this kind of discussion.
I really appreciate you answer!