Give off passionate vibe - Tradução em português

ailime 2
Hi. I have a question about the use of "give off____vibe"

I guess that we can give off nice/bad/cool/crazy/mean/stubborn/spoiled/etc vibe.

I think it's right to say give off passionate vibe . Isn't it? If it is, how can we translate it in Portuguese??
Is this expression commonly used by native English speakers?

Thanks in advance,

ailime

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Daniel.S 1 2 11
give off tem o sentido de transmitir ..emanar..liberar

Ex: that song from Dave Matthews gives off a nice vibe.

never heard give off passionate vibe..maybe:

What kind of vibe do you give off?

What kind of energy or vibe do you give off to people?

Captivating.

let's wait for more insights.

Daniel
Thomas 7 62 296
my personal observations:

(a)
to give off A passionate vibe ("a" needed if singular)
or
to give off passionate vibeS (no "a" needed if plural)

(b)
I am used to hearing vibes in the plural, not the singular.

(c)
I believe you will find "good vibes" (or "good vibrations") much more common than "passionate vibes". In fact, I think "good" and "bad" are by far the two most common adjectives associated with the expression.

(d)
The expression seems old and out-dated to me. When I hear it, I think of the slang of the 1960s, "hippy slang".
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Complementando:

Para mim, a palavra [verbo - collocation] que melhor combina com "vibes" seria "give" sem "off", como em: give someone good vibes, give someone bad vibes.

"For the CD I've remixed a track by Nathalie, a great summer tune that gives you good vibes [ que te passa uma energia/vibração boa/legal]." (www.thesun.co.uk)

Boa sorte!
ailime 2
Thank you very much for your help!!
So, it's an old-fashioned expression. Good to know that! :D

ailime